Travel Insurance for a pre-existing condition

linet

My husband had a stroke in May 2010 ,[ he is 72 and now in good health]and we are having trouble finding a travel insurance company that will provide cover for our up coming cruise, as most say that that they will not cover for 2 years after a stroke. Other passengers[ past and present] must have had similar problems, so any suggestions of travel insurance companies to try would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

You do not indicate where you are. I know the Dawn mostly sails in Australia and NZ, so US experience may not help. In the US most travel insurance policies cover pre-existing conditions if purchased within 14 days or booking.

I've had news recently from my TA that Suresave have released a new pre-existing policy called "Travelclear" . I haven't made any enquiries into it, but from past experience most people with pre-existing heart conditions get limited cover re hospitalisation even with a doctor's letter and documentation.

Good luck finding a good company to deal with.

Archived