Any hotel recommendations for New Orleans?

cruisinqt

[quote name='Dirtyoldad']Hi All, Has anyone stayed at the Drury Inn Hotel?? Comments??

Thanx[/QUOTE]
I went to their website and decided to stay there this coming April, the night before we leave on our cruise. I like the fact that it has a free breakfast and snack for the evening. My teenagers will like the pool on the roof. We got a suite for $109 which I didn't think was too bad.:)

• 3 weeks later...
I just called the Riverside Hiltons direct number to ask for any cruise specials for 2005. We are sailing May 15th on the Conquest. I was told the only 99.00 special was for Sunday nights. We will be there on Friday and Saturday and it would be $359.00 for I think both nights. Some special LOL.

[quote name='ar_barbara']I just called the Riverside Hiltons direct number to ask for any cruise specials for 2005. We are sailing May 15th on the Conquest. I was told the only 99.00 special was for Sunday nights. We will be there on Friday and Saturday and it would be $359.00 for I think both nights. Some special LOL.[/QUOTE]
Funny - since they know the bigger ships go out on Sunday - so now they can say they have a cruise special - but not one that will benefit the most people.

They could just limit the number of specials they will give for certain days - not just eliminate one of the busiest nights. I guess I will be looking elsewhere for my lodging.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent? Received this hotel along with the Le Pavillon on Priceline for a good price for our October 2005 cruise. Went to Tripadvisor.com and Le Pavillon received great reviews, however the last few reviews on the Omni Royal Crescent wasn't so good and I am now getting concerned. TIA

Hi, if you aren't into the partying then don't book a hotel in the French Quarter. Fun to visit but I wouldn't stay there.
I would suggest the Garden District. They have some nice places there that aren't as you put it "cookie cutter". We stayed at the Maison St Charles, however I wouldn't recommend it, the building we stayed in was quite old and in need of repair. But in touring around we saw a lot of nice hotels very quiant looking. Check out hotels.com or expedia they give good discriptions then you can either book direct with hotel or any online agency. Good Luck.
Cori

Cori, thanks for the Garden District idea. I'll look around for something there. I'd love to find something with a four poster bed and great ambiance. This will be our first trip to New Orleans. We will be flying in around midnight late Friday. We'll have to cram as much as we can in on Saturday since the ship leaves Sunday. Whirlwind tour of NO....any suggestions? We're into historical stuff and I also love shopping. I'd also like to put a voodoo curse on someone, anyone know of a good priestess?

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='smiles196']Ramada in metcairie what does everyone think of this hotel...got a good rate 55$..what is wrong with it?????thansk[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Ramada Metairie? Check out the reviews at Trip Advisor - [url="http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40314-d93076-Reviews-Ramada_Limited_Metairie-Metairie_Louisiana.cink_html"]http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g40314-d93076-Reviews-Ramada_Limited_Metairie-Metairie_Louisiana.cink_html[/url] - although they don't show any recent reviews.

Regular rate starts at $65 according to the Trip Advisor site. It could just be because of the drive to get into New Orleans.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed at the Avenue Garden Hotel? We are booked there for the night before we cruise (April 15). Would love to hear feedback on what it is like. Also - We were thinking about going to Pao O'Brien's for dinner - any feedback on that?

Merlib
Mary from CT

Archived