Riverside Hotel - Los Olas

flowy

We are staying at the Riverside Hotel for 3 days pre cruise. We'd like to pick up some vodka, buy some cruise wear, and enjoy a few restaurants hopefully using a water taxi for a dinner destination. Anyone have some ideas from that location? Thanks!

You can get vodka at Macabe Liquors, less than a mile east of the hotel on the other side of the street. You'll find many upscale boutiques on the boulevard, including a nice swimwear shop. You can take the water taxi to Gallery One Hotel and walk a block to Galleria Mall for cruisewear shopping. The restaurants around the hotel are good, better than those on the water taxi route. Just walk around and you'll find dozens of choices to suit your pallete. If you want waterfront dining, you can take the water taxi to near Coconuts, between the Beach Place and Bahia Mar stops. The Seville St stop is close to Casablanca Cafe which has an oceanview. Shooters and 15th St. Fisheries are good and have their own stops.

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel last December. We had dinner one night at Johnny V's, a fabulous Italian restaurant, which is right across the street from the hotel. Breakfast the next morning was at La Bonne Crepe, a short walk down from the hotel.

I'll be at the same hotel for one night in June, so I'm interested in the replies you are getting.

We usually rent a car but we decided not to get me for this trip. We heard there is a trolly that stops there. We are clueless about the cost etc. We chose riverside for it's location.

We usually rent a car but we decided not to get me for this trip. We heard there is a trolly that stops there. We are clueless about the cost etc. We chose riverside for it's location.

If it is anything like my last experience in the area (I was a few miles south of Fort Lauderdale in February) you just saved over $20/day for parking.

You'll love the location.

Here is your first thread on this and maybe it will help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28370219&highlight=#post28370219

You don't need a car at that location. There is so much to do within walking distance and there is SunTrolley, Water Taxi, and public buses. Downtown Fort Lauderdale is a very popular place to live right now. A taxi costs under $25 from the airport.

Archived