Can you really sit by yourself at dinner on NCL?

cantwaitforoasis

I've sat alone with my family at all of our dinners on NCL, Princess and Carnival. The only times we share tables are at breakfast and lunch (and even then, when my twins were toddlers, the head waiter would usually put us at our own table for the sake of other diners who probably did not want to share a table with toddlers :).

Best,

Mia

Yes, we always sit alone for dinner. Lunch we often do somewhere other than the main dining room. But we sit alone on Carnival, Princess, and NCL, but I will say that NCL does it best. Carnival is coming right along too... but "any time dining" on Princess was not my favorite. Maybe they've gotten better. The tables are close together... but you can visit with others or not; your choice. And you don't have to wait on everyone at the table to order, finish, etc. Your little group can come and go as you like.

Nancy

Yes, absolutely true. Your family simply arrives at the dining room whenever it is open for dinner (usually between 5:30 and 9:30 p.m.). You'll be greeted by a host/hostess. She'll ask "how many in your party?" -- you respond accordingly, you'll be seated at a table to accommodate just that many people.

If, for some reason, you want to share a table you can do that, too: just tell the hostess that you're willing to share.

But otherwise, just you and whoever might be with you at a table. You can do that for breakfast and lunch in the dining room, too.

Note, though, that the tables are rather close together. However when I was last on NCL -- except for the really busiest times (around 6-6:30), there were plenty of empty tables..so you could ask for a table apart from others, if that's what you're concerned about.

• 4 weeks later...
wow that sounds so wonderful. too bad disney doesnt do that.. i really prefer to eat with just my family.

Although Disney does not have anytime dining, but you can have your own table. I went with my family of 4 and we had our own table. All you need to do is place the request when making the reservation.

Archived