Playa Mia

luv2bcruzng

On board the Century right now and wondering about what to do in Cozumel. This is our sixth trip here and have done about everything so now we just want to head to a decent beach. Playa Mia seems to have everything.

Should we just take a cab there by ourselves or book a beach break excursion there thru the ship. How much is the cab? beach break includes entry and drinks but no taxi for $30 or for $70 per person includes transportation, drinks and food. That seems a bit pricey. What is the entry price if we go by ourselves?

Thanks for your opinions.

I would skip the cruise sponsored beach break, which is over priced, and head to Paradise Beach. $15 cab ride, new pool, new bar :D, new changing rooms, good beach, okay snorkeling, $2 chair rental with a $10 minimum purchase and good food and drinks.

If you are more interested in snorkeling than the beach check out the Money Bar. Good food and drinks and great cnorkeling just off the shore. :cool:

There are several AI deals (Nachi & Sanchos are often suggested) if that's what you want - typical charge is about $49 per person. Good luck! :)

John in DC....thanks, great info. When were you there, Paradise Beach? Was it crowded? Also, no entrance fee, other then $2 chair and $10 minimum purchase (food and drink I guess, and this is easy!)

Was the beach beautiful, was it rock and shell free walking into the ocean? We dont care about snorkeling, just looking for a great beach with good food and drinks!

Thanks! cruisedivanj

I can only speak of my own experience with Playa Mia beach break, and that tour was booked on a Carnival cruise. I know most experienced cruisers dont book ship sponsored cruises, but I like the convenience of booking with the cruise line, with transportation, admission, chair, beach amenities included.

Im not sure what it costs on Celebrity, but on Carnival 2 years ago, for 68.00pp, it included transportation to and from Playa Mia. Admission to Beach, beach chair pp/and umbrella. There were paddle boats, and air mattresses included, and a big white climbing thing a ways out, but seemed to be enjoyed mostly by older kids.

Unlimited drinks were included, and they were either local beer, rum punch, pina colada or margharitas. We only had the margharitas and they were very good. There was a bar, but waiters came around all the time, and I tipped them per order. The waiters werent pesty, but seemed to always be nearby when we were ready for a refill!

Food included was a small buffet, consisting of grilled fish and chicken, both quite good, salads, guacamole and pico de gallo. More than enough to satisfy a lunch craving. Oh yes, also fresh tortilla chips, and a very good rice and bean thing.

this info may be too late for you since you are already on board your ship, but I just thought I would answer if anyone else interested in Playa Mia. I thought that for a ship bought beach tour it was good value ( for me ). I also have no other beach tour to compare to.

I do say however that Paradise beach looks awesome!:)

P.s there were some rocks in the swimming area, but they werent sharp, were rounded and you could see them so could avoid them. I was up to my neck in the sea, and could see my toes. Im only 5.2", but the water was so clear. I spent a lot of time in the water there.

Archived