booked on Allure 4/10 cruise~tux rental? favorite restaurants? tips?

My husband and I are going on the 4/10 cruise to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel, and I'm looking for tips from previous cruisers. What was your greatest surprise? Biggest disappointment? Best meal?

ALSO, which nights have been 'formal' nights on the 7 day cruise, and does anyone know what the cost of tux rental is on the ship?

Very excited and looking forward to your answers!

Sarah

My husband and I are going on the 4/10 cruise to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel, and I'm looking for tips from previous cruisers. What was your greatest surprise? Biggest disappointment? Best meal?

ALSO, which nights have been 'formal' nights on the 7 day cruise, and does anyone know what the cost of tux rental is on the ship?

Sarah

Can't answer your questions right now, but please check out the thread for the Allure April 10 as you will then get to meet many fellow travellers. Since I see you are new to Cruise Critic, just a hint, for you to sign up for the Meet & Mingle so we can all meet on board.

I'm not great with computer skills so can't send you a link to that thread and have a meeting in 30 mins. so must leave. I will add your name to our list for that cruise.

Good Luck!

Judy

We are also sailing on the 4/10 Allure. The formal nights are day 2 and day 5. Check out the roll call for our sailing, there are a few activities planned if you are interested (meet up on day 1, cabin crawl and slot pull).

Hope to meet you on board.

Patti

Sarah

There are 2 tux packages available which are $89.00 and $99.00 each. There is an additional charge if you want to rent shoes as well, I think $12.00. I just rented mine for our cruise on Allure in 2 weeks. I have rented tuxes on other cruises as well, and while not necessary as another poster pointed out, I always feel it does add to the overall experience. It can also make for some very special pictures with your travelmates, and no need to pack any real nice clothing.

There are 2 tux packages available which are $89.00 and $99.00 each. There is an additional charge if you want to rent shoes as well, I think $12.00. I just rented mine for our cruise on Allure in 2 weeks. I have rented tuxes on other cruises as well, and while not necessary as another poster pointed out, I always feel it does add to the overall experience. It can also make for some very special pictures with your travelmates, and no need to pack any real nice clothing.

I agree 100%. The price on the shoes is correct. We rented two Tuxes on our Allure cruise two weeks ago, best thing I ever did. The tux fit perfect as did the shoes.You will look sharp and it just makes for an overall better formal night experience.

As stated above, saved me some packing to. The other 5 nights of the cruise are casual nights. ( no smart casual anymore) Dare I say it, I wore jeans the other 5 nights to the dinning room. If your going to do some of the upscale pay restaurants you might need some dress slacks and a jacket. I did not do those restaurants so i would not know.

Be sure to try it on fist thing. If you need an adjustment, you have to see the Taylor. The Taylor can be contacted, believe it or not of all places at the Flower cart on the Promenade Deck 5

I say go for the Tux if thats what you want. As the TV commercial says

" Your going to like the way you look"

Sarah

Hi, Sarah! Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

Definitely go check out your roll call and sign up for the Meet & Mingle if you want to meet people from Cruise Critic on your sailing.

We just got off the Allure on Sunday - she is a beautiful ship full of wonderful venues. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Some of my favorites... Chops Grille and Giovanni's Table (for the food - YUM!) and Rita's Fiesta (not gourmet food, but we had a FUN time!). We enjoyed Park Cafe and Solarium Bistro for breakfast and lunch. Central Park is just beautiful, and so relaxing.

Some of my disappointments, if I would even call them that... Giovanni's Table - the food was good, but we didn't order much food to get the "experience" that others have had - I want to go back and order a full meal. :) The Solarium - as beautiful as it was, and a favorite place of mine to go, I was disappointed in the noise level - it could get a little loud and had an "echo" effect. Neither one of these "disappointments" was a deal breaker, and both are on my favorites list too.

Best meal was definitely at Chops. did I say YUM!?!!

Have a wonderful cruise, and check out my Allure review (link in my signature) if you want to see tons of pictures from last week's sailing.

Archived