Dinning

The larget tables that I have seen onboard will only accomodate 12 people. However, if you all booked with the same travel agent or have your bookings linked, RC will put your group at two tables next to each other.

I can confirm what the above poster said. Our family of 13 cruises together. We have always been at 2 side by side tables except for Disney.

Hopefully each table will have the same wait staff so if your party decides to play "musical chairs", there isn't any problems ;)

A

Hopefully each table will have the same wait staff so if your party decides to play "musical chairs", there isn't any problems ;)

Actually, even if you play musical chairs, there shouldn't be any problems. We did that on our Feburary 2005 cruise and everyone just tipped the waiters at the table they were assigned for every night rather than just the nights they were at their table. They still got tipped for every seat, every night, and that's what mattered. Since all of us tipped over the amount recommended, our servers had no problems.

Actually, I wasn't referring to the tipping as being a problem, as much as the wait staff getting to know "their" customer's names, likes, dislikes, etc ;) It's all part of the dining experience in my opinion.

A

Last month on the Jewel, we found that we ended up having great experiences at both tables. The servers were wonderful at both tables and we got great things from both. I know that even though I sat at dc-diva's table once during the week, the two servers there would periodically stop by next door and chat or catch up. The asst waiter at her table gave me some great wine tips, then the next night stopped by to see if I had enjoyed the wine he recommended. The waiter from that table would periodically for the rest of the week stop by and see how things were, etc.

Since all of us at these two tables (except dc-diva and her new husband as the guests of honor) had spent at least some time at both tables, the four servers were all great to all of us. We felt that it contributed to being a great experience.

Archived