Are you SURE you want to go to Egypt???

greatam

Make sure you have an INDEPENDENT evacuation back up plan. That means: 1. Do NOT leave your passport on the ship if at all possible. If traveling independently, carry your own passport (not a copy) with you at all times. 2. Have, in your possession in a secure place, a credit card with a large available balance. 3. Always have with you the phone numbers of your travel agent, the local American consulate or embassy, your airline, your credit card company, and your insurance agency (both travel and medical). 4. If you have any medical conditions, have a card with them listed (I have a MedicAlert card and necklace with me at all times). Also try to have at least 2 days worth of medication with you (a tiny plastic bag makes that easy), and if you have been recently hospitalized, a copy of that report as well.

THANKS for these tips. They are invaluable.

Holland America's ms Prinsendam is scheduled to be in the Cairo ports of Alexandria and Port Said on April 19th and 20th respectfully.

I don't think they would put these port calls back on schedule if it wasn't safe.

I guess we can all wait until then and see the results for ourselves.

May 18th Star Princess cruise has us returning to Egypt (Alexandria)-overnight May 21 & 22, 2011.

Archived