Dancing on princess

navigator71

While my husband and I are no longer in our 20's ( and at the last bit of our 30's :)) we still love to dance to current music after shows at night. Any experience out there with the music scene at night? Is it decent or lame? We never go dancing in our regular lives here in VT, so cruising gives us that rare opportunity to "shake our booty"!!!

Your thoughts? Surely we are not the only "older" folks that love to dance besides ballroom dance lessons!!!

My wife and i enjoy dancing too, we go to skywalkers after 10 or so. the dj's normally play a good mix and take requests smiling

oh yea, there are also ballroom dancing lessons several times during the week :)

My husband and I never go dancing. When on Princess, however, we dance the night away at the Wheelhouse Bar, where there is live music. We have not had the benefit of dance lessons but can be seen either walking or running in circles trying to keep time with the music. It's challenging for us and probably for those either watching or trying to dance in close proximity to us, but we always manage to have fun. Since we have a unique style, we've actually been recognized as we move about during the day.:o

The Princess cruises we have been on hold different genres of music at night. We love to dance at Skywalkers. We are not in our 20's either. I was looking at one of my old Princess Patters and they had a Welcome Aboard all request Disco party after 10:00pm. Another night 80's and 90's power hour; 70's Disco Inferno, New Year's Eve Again Party, Latin Power Hour, Island Night after Party, Motown & Classic Soul Power Hour. Club Fusion had a 50's & 60's sock hop. I am sure they change them up but these are examples.

We have been on cruises where Skywalker's was crowded and also the opposite. We have fun dancing even if we are the only ones on the floor.

You will have fun too!:)

On most Princess cruises, there's a house band that plays nightly in the Explorers Lounge. We've heard some great music from these bands. They usually play all types of rock, country and R&B. Most of them play requests, and if they see the crowd dancing to a particular style of music, they'll play more of the same. Explorers Lounge has a good size dance floor.

The Wheelhouse Bar always has live music too. The music there is usually jazz or a string quartet. Skywalkers has a DJ playing into the late night as well.

Archived