Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

Ahhhh . . . a pre-Cagney's story needed:

Also a part of my onboard list o' things to get arranged was checking on availability of a Posh Pass for the week. I got in line at Guest Services to inquire, and there was a line of about a dozen people or so. While in line, one of their crew members went to everyone in the line to see if there was any general info she could offer, and possibly direct them to another location if this wasn't the right one. Very nice! Disney Cruise Lines does that as well, but some cruise lines just let you fend for yourself, and "it sucks to be you", if you're in the wrong place. Five minutes later a separate person came by with the same offer.

I got to the desk and didn't even have to use my practiced sad face to see if they'd offer just one more pass for a solo passenger. He merely asked how I'd heard about that arrangement being available, and I easily told him Cruise Critic. He filled out a form, then he walked over to the cashier to process, and then asked for my keycard to set it up for access. Cool!!

1215557282_JNcGW-L.jpg

T-n-C, and I later went to check the place out, and my card worked (thankfully) but one of theirs didn't get the Green light. No big deal, and easily overcome, but a bit ironic since their beautiful villa has that already in the total package. Really liked the Posh area, and knew it would be a perfect location several times during the week when I fell into iPod/book mode.

Another irony was that I had easy access to this somewhat exclusive area, but now could no longer get back to my own cabin. :confused: My keycard would get me into the studio, but not into the hallway door to get to my studio. Twice during that afternoon I had to wait for someone to either enter or exit and slip in with them. Figured it was because of the new card, but still odd that the hallway would give me Red light.

A visit to the nice folks at Guest Services came to full conclusion (and they said it was new for them as well). Your keycard can have access to your cabin and ONE zone, and most on the ship don't require any zones at all. Villas/Studios do (and perhaps even more).

It seems (to me) very unlikely that I was the first person ever in a Studio to take advance of the Posh Pass arrangement during the months of sailing, but they seemed to think it was a unique situation. They easily found a solution by putting my original card back to the way it was, and creating a separate card for the Post access. Win/Win :)

While at Guest Services for those needed visits, I asked several of the crew members what they personally preferred at Cagney's. They were more than pleased to offer opinions, and two were very quick to say, "Definitely get the ribeye". So that was my plan, and I stuck with it.

What is a poch pass?

So are we! And I probably only live a couple minutes from you! When in Feb. are you going?

We are going Feb 8-15, 2015!!! We have over 30 people going so far!! Friends keep adding on!! When are you going?

Has anyone seen the Daily To Do's for this ship? I forget what they are called -You get them each day and it tells what is going on for that day??

We are going Feb 8-15, 2015!!! We have over 30 people going so far!! Friends keep adding on!! When are you going?

Has anyone seen the Daily To Do's for this ship? I forget what they are called -You get them each day and it tells what is going on for that day??

We are going the following week. We were on the Epic when she was brand new! We live in White Lake...

• 2 weeks later...

It was totally non-stop freakin' awesome!!!

Hey, I didn't say the 'big disappointment' would be mine, now did I??? :p

(so Cheerleaders, sit back, save your energies, and enjoy this short journey along with me). :)

Don you crack me up! I just booked my 2nd on the Epic, this time in Europe and I was starting to worry by your intro Ha ha! I was sucked in! Now I will continue reading...

too funny.

Don, I hypothesize that the reason the studio door is solid is because if there IS anyone in the room with you, you probably didn't know them before you got on the ship

(wink wink, nudge nudge)

:p

Have you two thought about doing stand-up in Headliners? <wink>