Bringing liquor onboard ?

JoanneF

And finallly, for anyone who still cares:

http://www.standarddrinks.com/tool.asp

A two ounce serving of hard liquor has more alcohol in it than a two ounce serving glass of wine.

Yes, my logic said that already.

80 proof has a lot more alcohol than 28 proof in equal volume, but the issue isn't how much proof alcohol is in what you drink, but the total amount of alcohol consumed.

So, a 1-1/2 oz shot ( a jigger) of alcohol has .6 of an ounce of alcohol and a 6 oz glass of wine has .84 of an ounce of alcohol. If I drink a glass of wine for every shot of bourbon you drink at the end of 5 drinks I will have consumed more alcohol than you; actually, I will be about 2 drinks ahead of you. All things being equal (ceterus parabus) I will be more drunk than you will. Again, I thought you were done with this?:rolleyes: :D :p

jc

You're backtracing and changing your position. My point was that ounce for ounce, you will get drunk sooner on hard liquor than on wine. Contrary to your first post, that statement is true. You've now altered it to start talking about average servings. That's a whole different topic and not one I commented on. You didn't read my first post carefully enough.

You're backtracing and changing your position. My point was that ounce for ounce, you will get drunk sooner on hard liquor than on wine. Contrary to your first post, that statement is true. You've now altered it to start talking about average servings. That's a whole different topic and not one I commented on. You didn't read my first post carefully enough.

Dave I will quit as soon as Bob quits saying ... Wrong!:D ;)

Here is my original post....

Ummm... not really, alcohol doesn't care if it is 80 proof (40%) or Everclear 190 proof (95%), Wine 28 proof (14%) or beer 10 proof (5%) . The alcohol in each is identical. it is just the volume of alcohol consumed that matters. IE there is more alcohol in a class of bourbon 80 proof than the equal amount of wine 28 proof, but a class of wine, is pretty much identical to a shot of bourbon. In other words 5 classes of wine will get you equally drunk as 5 shots of bourbon. The alcohol doesn't care what it is mixed with. It isn't that smart.

That was my post, and outside of class instead of glass I will stand with it. Therefore, I am not calling Bob Foster Wrong, but I am declaring that I am right!:D :D

It is not rocket science, and it really is understood by almost all of us. So I am officially finished. Sorry, again Dave! hee hee, snort.... I can't quit giggling! This got pretty silly didn't it? sigh.....

jc

Archived