Our restaurants recommendations in Cocoa Beach pre and post cruise

Teamv

Sometimes on these boards it seems that there are only a few restaurants near Port Canaveral. You know the ones, Fishlips, Rusty's, Grills, etc. Our experience recently was that we ended up arriving later than we wanted into Port Canaveral the night before our cruise and we were in need of a relaxing supper. Based on all the great recommendations found here, we headed over there and were very overwhelmed by the cars, the people, the noise and the activity! We had to get out of that crazy area! So we checked our trusty GPS and headed to Cocoa Beach, 10 minutes away and ate a fabulous supper at Brano's Italian Grill on North Atlantic Avenue. After the cruise we had a great lunch at the Shark Pit restaurant. So there are other options for good eating away from the Cove area. Just thought I would share.

Sometimes on these boards it seems that there are only a few restaurants near Port Canaveral. You know the ones, Fishlips, Rusty's, Grills, etc. Our experience recently was that we ended up arriving later than we wanted into Port Canaveral the night before our cruise and we were in need of a relaxing supper. Based on all the great recommendations found here, we headed over there and were very overwhelmed by the cars, the people, the noise and the activity! We had to get out of that crazy area! So we checked our trusty GPS and headed to Cocoa Beach, 10 minutes away and ate a fabulous supper at Brano's Italian Grill on North Atlantic Avenue. After the cruise we had a great lunch at the Shark Pit restaurant. So there are other options for good eating away from the Cove area. Just thought I would share.

You did exactly what Norm and I do when we want to relax etc - only time we go to the port is like on Sunday afternoon and then it is mainly get relax with oysters and a cold beer or soda - can not take the upheaval of noise, but then on the good point, if you are young, what a great way to start your vacation - I love Brando's and find the food excellent. I wish you would had known to ask for Eryn for she would have given you an extra treat had to mentioned you was off this board. They opened about a year ago and Brando is the great chef - As for Shark Pit, I take the grandkids over there so that the can eat with Freddy the huge sea snake and watch them get fed - and the food isn't bad - anyhow glad you had the opportunity to explore our little city.

Take care and hope your stay with us was pleasant and come on back to see us/ :)

Also those wanting to know extra info, just click above my name and you will find a bunch of good information

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, the last time we were on a cruise we ate at a restaurant that was away from Port Canaveral and we sat out on a deck and watched dolphins play but I can not remember the name of it. I was hoping for something like that again. Any suggestions? I should also ask if any place has fantastic lobster?Thanks

Carol & I have stayed in the Cocoa Beach area three times prior to cruises and one time (2009) for a week without cruising at all. I agree with you, if you take some time you can find great places to eat and get more into the local climate of an area.

If you go up on the bypass (that is up to Ron Johns and turn right) there are several very interesting restaurants on that street (520?) Many of them do musical things as the sun sets. The food is local and the views are magnificent. I think one restaurant is called The Sunset Grill.

In addition, if you continue up 520, you eventually get to Cocoa Village which is a very quaint area. It has a couple of nice restaurants, good shopping and a nice park area to walk around.

Carol & I have stayed in the Cocoa Beach area three times prior to cruises and one time (2009) for a week without cruising at all. I agree with you, if you take some time you can find great places to eat and get more into the local climate of an area.

If you go up on the bypass (that is up to Ron Johns and turn right) there are several very interesting restaurants on that street (520?) Many of them do musical things as the sun sets. The food is local and the views are magnificent. I think one restaurant is called The Sunset Grill.

In addition, if you continue up 520, you eventually get to Cocoa Village which is a very quaint area. It has a couple of nice restaurants, good shopping and a nice park area to walk around.

You are right about the Sunset Grill. Located on the Banana River and a good chance of seeing dolphins. Highway 520..crosses the banana River

Shirley, the last time we were on a cruise we ate at a restaurant that was away from Port Canaveral and we sat out on a deck and watched dolphins play but I can not remember the name of it. I was hoping for something like that again. Any suggestions? I should also ask if any place has fantastic lobster?Thanks

This most likely is the Lobster Shanty located at the other end of Cocoa Beach - great food and great view of the river - we really have some pretty neat places here - click on the link above my name and it will give you all of the restaurants informations. LOVE THEIR SALADS

Red Lobster in Merritt Island has what we call the Florida lobsters and this is where Norm and I go to get our fill of lobsters :)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tittusville is around 14 miles north of Cocoa..... But our family always has to stop and eat at Dixie Crossroads going down and headed home...... Love, love, love their broiled rock shrimp and sweet hush puppies!:D

So what's the best resturant in Cocoa Beach on the water? I don't care if the Atlantic or the intercostal water way. I just like to sit outside with a view of the water and eat great food.

As previously stated on other posts, we always have a rental car so...

These are a little outside "Cocoa Beach" but we enjoy The Sunset and Captain Ed's Tiki Bar. Both are on the 520 Causeway (technically the Tiki Bar is described as Merrit Island Expressway) but it is the same stretch of road. As I recall, both are about 15 minutes from the Radisson.

Nice views of the water, occasional sightings of dolphins and manatee's. The sunset is better from The Sunset (go figure :p) We have had good food and drink at both and good times!:D Flip flops, shorts and t-shirts are all that is required. That makes it VERY good for us!

So what's the best resturant in Cocoa Beach on the water? I don't care if the Atlantic or the intercostal water way. I just like to sit outside with a view of the water and eat great food.

I also recommend the restaurant at the Cocoa Beach Pier - you can see the swimmers, surfers, fishermen and about everything else - beautiful view and you sit right over the ocean.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had alot of fun in Cocoa Beach and would like to go back for a few days sometime. We picked up a tourist map at the car rental place, but I imagine you could get them at gas stations, stores, etc. It showed attractions, hotels and some restaurants. We played mini-golf and fed little alligators at Funntasia Golf and Gators (sounds touristy, I know, but my Ontario boys had a good time). We walked a bit on the beach and then went to the end of the pier and talked with some local folks who were fishing, watched the surfers and saw lots of dolphins. It was a great afternoon. Pretty town with friendly people.

We had alot of fun in Cocoa Beach and would like to go back for a few days sometime. We picked up a tourist map at the car rental place, but I imagine you could get them at gas stations, stores, etc. It showed attractions, hotels and some restaurants. We played mini-golf and fed little alligators at Funntasia Golf and Gators (sounds touristy, I know, but my Ontario boys had a good time). We walked a bit on the beach and then went to the end of the pier and talked with some local folks who were fishing, watched the surfers and saw lots of dolphins. It was a great afternoon. Pretty town with friendly people.

Glad you had a good time this area is a little slice of Heaven!

We were just in cocoa to visit with DD before her cruise and we tried a new eating place, for me, Bostons, right next to Best Western. that is right near the port=====good sea food.

I will have to look for some of the others, new to me, when I go up to Cocoa again. I love this board.

Archived