Naples: Walking from dock to Piazza Plebiscito??

fussylady

My ship is scheduled to dock in Naples at 7 AM. I was thinking of spending the day in Naples, walking from the ship to various tourist sights, starting at Piazza Del Plebiscito and then on to "Spaccanapoli".

Is this walkable? Do I need a bus to go from the dock to the town? Looking at a map, it looks really close and walkable.

Thanks.

It is very walkable, I've done it many times. At the moment there is construction at Piazza Municipio (for a future subway stop) but there is a walkway that takes you from Via Acton (cross at the light that is closer to Molo Beverello - on your left as you exit the cruise terminal) up to the front of Castel Nuovo. From there it's only a few short blocks (past the opera house and royal palace) to Piazza Plebiscito.

Going toward Spacanapoli is uphill at points, but if you're in reasonable shape and take your time it can be done without breaking a sweat. If you'd rather, there are plenty of public buses you could take.

Thanks, euro cruiser, for the help. I knew that there was an uphill climb somewhere, but I didn't know exactly where or how steep.

I think in Naples what worries me more is crossing the street in traffic!

Thanks again for the help. I've printed it out.

Archived