New York Arrival (Sunday)

VOLEYMOM

Will be arriving on the Caribbean Princess and our plane leaves in the evening and would like to take a tour of New York. When we come into Florida they have a company that will take your suitcases from the ship to the airport for a fee, you don't see them until your home. Do they have this in New York and if not is there any place to leave them. A little hard to sightsee with a bunch of luggage!! We leave out of LaGuardia. Also for you New Yorkers how long does it take to get to the airport? Don't want to cut it to close! Thanks for the help

I believe this depends on where your cruise originated. They didn't have EZ Check in NY last summer and were supposed to implement it in September. We didn't have it offered on our Crown cruise last September because it was a T/A and we had to go through Customs and Immigration. Not sure if they ever did implement it in NY.

We took the Princess transfer/tour which included a tour of Manhatten, the World Trade Center site and a couple of hours at South Street Seaport to shop and/or have lunch. It then took us a good hour and a half to get from there to JFK. LaGuardia would be closer but I don't know about the traffic. Our luggage was on the bus so we had a nice tour, a nice lunch, and didn't have to deal with our luggage. There's no place that I know of to store your luggage unless you go to LaGuardia first, check in your bags, and go sightseeing from there. I would never trust my luggage or carry-on with a cabby. :(

Archived