RCCL policy when price has dropped prior to full payment is due

I'm struggling fully understanding the RCCL Price Guarantee.

I have read Cruise Critic News posted May 19, 2010:

"Royal Caribbean's New Best Price Guarantee: Your Questions Answered"

- several threads on this matter and RCCL Best Price Guarantee - but I have still not got the full understanding of RCCL policy or practices.

I have booked a cruise and full payment is due in three weeks. Price on my stateroom category has dropped US$100 and I did contact RCCL in Norway in order to take advantage of this new lower price or upgrade.

- the reply I got was: "If you want, we can change the price of the booking you have to today's price, but then there will be a fee of US$ 50 per person"

So yes - I can take advantage of the new price for a fee equivalent to the saving.

Does anyone have experience with RCCL best practices and policies for changing of booking when prices has dropped prior to the full payment date.

- several threads on this matter and RCCL Best Price Guarantee - but I have still not got the full understanding of RCCL policy or practices.

I have booked a cruise and full payment is due in three weeks. Price on my stateroom category has dropped US$100 and I did contact RCCL in Norway in order to take advantage of this new lower price or upgrade.

- the reply I got was: "If you want, we can change the price of the booking you have to today's price, but then there will be a fee of US$ 50 per person"

So yes - I can take advantage of the new price for a fee equivalent to the saving.

Does anyone have experience with RCCL best practices and policies for changing of booking when prices has dropped prior to the full payment date.

In the US, RCCL adjusts your total bill to reflect the new pricing with no fee at all-- it happened to me 2 1/2 months ago, just before my final payment.

But you might have different rules-- I know in the UK, for instance, they can get OBC even after final payment, which the US no longer can. But if someone in the UK cancels before final payment, they lose part or all of their deposit.

So it really depends on where you live and book your cruise. Different rules for different folk. Hope this helped.

Linda

I found this on the page you mentioned:

Due to the various consumer protection laws in other countries, for the time being, the Best Price Guarantee is only available to U.S. and Canadian residents.

I have the same problems here in the Netherlands, one of my booking was €800,- cheaper last saturday, called RCCL, they told me they could do nothing, I have to contact AMCA (RCCL's representative in the Netherlands), did that, got a mail today, don't get it.

That sucks.

I checked Specific conditions for cruise guests at http://www.rccl.no

I will argue that a change can be made at the same sailing at no additional fee - I will verify this with RCCL in Norway. Acceptable to pay a fee if change to another sailing.

Paragraph 9: Can I change my order after it is confirmed?

Yes, provided there is space on the cabin category / cruise you want to change to. Changes to another departure, another ship, cabin type, or other travel length can be made until 42 days before departure for an administration fee of NOK 250 per person.

In the UK we are allowed one change Free of charge regardless of if it is a price drop or change of cabin! anything after this and we have to pay £35/$50 per person for any other changes. This you have to pay even if it is before Final payment is due.

Booked Mariner for June 28 and price has dropped twice since last year. It dropped in late December and dropped again just this week. My per person for a D1 Balcony is now $870 less than when I originally booked.

I chatted with RCCL first and was told total bill due will be reduced if it is before final payment. Since I booked through a TA, the TA confirmed the reduction and will issue a new receipt in a few days.

• 3 months later...

I have recently had similar bad experiences with changing policies, and AMCA's not conforming with policies we are told aboard the Celebrity ships by Celebrity Staff, should be applicable.

Also, I find AMCA's customer service in the Netherlands the worst I have come across in several years. I will avoid them as much as I can and I think I have found a way to do that; saving over 150 Euro's each in the process for the same cruise and conditions...something worth looking at!

hi hallasam

if you go to page 3 0r 4 thread :oh i just dont understand price drops :

you can read our thoughts on this matter :confused:

Edited by whitey02

With my previous TA, I was charged 25€ to change cabins (same category). Switched cabins with my new TA last year, and didn't have to pay anything. I guess the fee wasn't from RCI, cause when I was charged 25€ I had also booked through Germany. Could a service fee from your TA....

Cindy

I also live in THE Netherlands.

With the exception of Princess,hal,Costa and MSC I book all my cruises through an american ta. Much cheaper and more service!!

I found this on the page you mentioned:

Due to the various consumer protection laws in other countries, for the time being, the Best Price Guarantee is only available to U.S. and Canadian residents.

I have the same problems here in the Netherlands, one of my booking was €800,- cheaper last saturday, called RCCL, they told me they could do nothing, I have to contact AMCA (RCCL's representative in the Netherlands), did that, got a mail today, don't get it.

That sucks.

• 3 years later...

We are in Scotland and booked our first cruise in November when the all inclusive came on for October next year. We booked a D1 balcony and I noticed last week that the JS price was almost identical to what we paid. I contacted RCL and asked if we could upgrade and retain our all inclusive package. They said an upgrade was no problem but sometimes you don't get to retain the all inclusive drinks package but I would have to go through my TA. My TA contacted RCL and we were able to upgrade to a JS and retain the package for a total of £2 difference. Strange thing is the D1 balcony is now almost £500 pound more than we paid. Just seems odd to me that a D1 is now priced higher than a JS.