Here we go again...Princess announces the new ROYAL PRINCESS!

nytraveller53

lol and Carnival keeps saying they will never build a mega ship. Carnival owns Princess.

It always comes full circle ....never say never.

Princess is supposed to be sending a ship to Galveston. Id like to do her. Crown Princess. I did the ship before that one Jan 2007, and this is the next newer ship I think. Id do a Princess ship like Oasis if the price were right.

Fire, I think you'd enjoy the Crown Princess once she arrives in Galveston. We sailed on the Emerald Princess in 2009 her sister ship and really enjoyed the ship. The dinner buffet was outstanding and the night they served Maine Lobster tail in the MDR the buffet had the Claws and to most New Englanders the claws are the best part. For the dinner buffet you went through and got your food but once you sat down a waiter brought your choice of drink and all the tables were set with silverware, glasses and like items. Plus a waiter came back and checked on you while you were eating to see if there was anything else you wanted or needed. We noticed in some cases the waiter even went and got another plate of food or desserts for a table if the person sitting there requested it. (there were a lot of older folks with canes so the help was appreciated I'm sure) Plus in the Atrium lobby there's a pastry counter in the AM fresh hot donuts were available along with a few other free items and at lunch they had a chicken salad on leaf lettuce that was outstanding. And it was free, we found a lot of people thought you had to pay for everything served here but you didn't some items were at no cost and some had a small charge. We're looking forward to the Crown arriving here in Galveston now we just need to find a Cruise that works with our schedule!

It's also safe to say Princess isn't trying to compete for the size title,

Thank God!

I think the ship looks like it's going to be gorgeous :)

I have a question for those that have sailed Princess. The adult area up top looks amazing, but I wonder, how many families sail Princess? I always thought of it as a line for middle aged and older (a lot less kids than CCL or RCI). Are there that many kids that there needs to be an adult only area??

since carnival owns princess. if you book a princess cruise does the cruise count towards platinum status on your carnival past guest member id

No each line has it's own loyality program but I think you can get past guest prices when you book.

Thank God!

I think the ship looks like it's going to be gorgeous :)

I have a question for those that have sailed Princess. The adult area up top looks amazing, but I wonder, how many families sail Princess? I always thought of it as a line for middle aged and older (a lot less kids than CCL or RCI). Are there that many kids that there needs to be an adult only area??

It is a more adult than kids Cruise but the Adult Only area is very nce and usually much quieter than around the other pools. It's away from all the activites and noise very relaxing.

Thank god it's not another shopping mall. My mall near me has mini golf, rock wall, ice skating rink. No thanks I'm trying to get away from that. ;)

AMEN TO THAT! I can do that all at home in vegas & more! I know I will get heat for it but a "royal promenade" looks like the malls I have at home! An elegant piazza or atrium has much more of an "im on a cruise" feeling! cant wait for the new ship hope they keep up the beautiful piazza type area & the evolutions going!

Archived