NCL Star family suite

jchristie

hey all - we are looking at possibly sailing on NCL Star in Nov 2012.... we have a family of five and the kids will be two 14 yrs and an 11 yr at the time of sailing.... I was looking at the Family suite. Does anyone have an suggestions or pictures that they could share with me? thanks!

We were booked in a Family Suite.

Then the upsell lady called and we were put in the Deluxe Owner's Suite, what an experience!

However, we are booked in a Family Suite for the Coastal Cruise in September so we wanted to get a good look at one. We were able to, on disembarkation day as the pax had disembarked and the steward said we could look around.

I have to tell you, they are wonderful. We were in 12016, very spacious. I loved the bathroom. The bathtub is not jetted like the DOS but still very large. All the other bells and whistles were there, including the Lavazza Blue, to make your own coffee and tea.

There are concealed drapes that allow you to create 3 areas, the master bed, the murphy bed and the pull out bed.

Bon Voyage!

The link that Danbo posted is to a link of my photos we took of our family suite last September to AK. (I gave that person permission to post them.) And I'm glad people are able to see them.

I wrote a detailed review of the trip with a special review just about the suite itself.

In short, we LOVED it and have the same exact suite booked again for this coming September. In fact we leave 5 months from tomorrow but then, who is counting???!!!

We had 5 adults (all family) traveling together. My elderly parents (you'll see Dad laying on the bed - fully clothed -) my grown niece and my DH and I. Plenty of room, we were never cramped or in each others way at all. It was fantastic!

Is it a HUGE room? No. But when compared to the mini suites on down, it is very spacious. The bathroom is quite large with a full size (actually oversize) tub, walk in shower, 2 sinks and lots of storage. In fact the whole suite has more storage than any other hotel, ships cabin, etc that we've ever been in.

If someone was in the bathroom and someone else really had to 'go' they could simply go out the door, walk about 10 steps and then go up one flight of stairs to a public bathroom where no one else ever was, when we needed to use it. In addition, where that bathroom is leads to the outside door onto the 13th deck and open railing. We didn't miss a balcony at all. If you look at those pictures, you will see the beautiful view we had from those big long windows - no balcony needed. In fact, a balcony would have obstructed the view, with the railing, etc.

Loved, loved, loved it. Can't wait to go again!

hey all - we are looking at possibly sailing on NCL Star in Nov 2012.... we have a family of five and the kids will be two 14 yrs and an 11 yr at the time of sailing.... I was looking at the Family suite. Does anyone have an suggestions or pictures that they could share with me? thanks!

we have a family suite booked for the week of thanksgiving for us and 3 grandkids. let me tell you from the pictures i have seen it knocks the socks off of the catagory 12 suites on carnival. to make things even better we are just loving the price. the perks are awsome also. with carnival we took the grandkids and it was only 5 days and paid 1360.00 more than it will be with ncl. nothing special for booking a suite then either. suppose to get vip embark and that turned into a joke.

we are platinum with carnival but with ncl sailing out of new orleans and a better price, it is a no brainer.

we have had this november 2012 one booked since christmas (so nearly 2 yrs from booking to sailing. we leave in 26 days on the triumph, then in jan. 2012 on the ncl spirit.

we have a family suite booked for the week of thanksgiving for us and 3 grandkids. let me tell you from the pictures i have seen it knocks the socks off of the catagory 12 suites on carnival. to make things even better we are just loving the price. the perks are awsome also. with carnival we took the grandkids and it was only 5 days and paid 1360.00 more than it will be with ncl. nothing special for booking a suite then either. suppose to get vip embark and that turned into a joke.

we are platinum with carnival but with ncl sailing out of new orleans and a better price, it is a no brainer.

we have had this november 2012 one booked since christmas (so nearly 2 yrs from booking to sailing. we leave in 26 days on the triumph, then in jan. 2012 on the ncl spirit.

yeah I hear ya.... We are looking at the conquest or magic for May of 2012, but I came across the Star coming in November and it is at least $600 or more cheaper to do the 7 day on NCL than on CCL.... Plus more room in the room for us! I think I would rather give NCL a try for november if we can swing it with the kids and school....

we are taking the kids for their first cruise this May on Triumph too!

yeah I hear ya.... We are looking at the conquest or magic for May of 2012, but I came across the Star coming in November and it is at least $600 or more cheaper to do the 7 day on NCL than on CCL.... Plus more room in the room for us! I think I would rather give NCL a try for november if we can swing it with the kids and school....

we are taking the kids for their first cruise this May on Triumph too!

a few years ago we took 2 of them out of school the week after their thanksgiving holiday to go on a cruise. parents notified the school way ahead and they stayed caught up. this time we will do it during the break and i want have to worry with cooking any thing for thanksgiving.

Archived