Chocolate Buffet?

Greengirl

I keep hearing about these buffets for chocolate addicts and was wondering if Carnival has them? Specifically, the Pride? We don't remember there being one on the Ecstasy last summer, but that was a four day cruise. There was the Gala Buffet and it was beautiful. Amazing what they can do with food, huh?! My kids are driving me crazy about this and are dying to know - can you help me?

Thanks!

Just off the Valor last weekend and there was a chocolate buffet the last day starting at noon. Coming from a chocoholic it was wonderful :D get there right at noon though or you will have to wait in quite a line. I'm sure your children will love having all the chocolate they can stand right after breakfast:eek: the truffles were amazing. Feel free to ask me specifics

Does anyone know about the Pride specifically? If I don't have an answer for the kids when I get home, I will never hear the end of it!! LOL

Every time they ask me a question I don't know the answer to, they say "Ask your CC friends, mom - they'll know"!!

The Pride doesn't have a chocolate buffet. Only the Glory and the Conquest (according to Carnival's website) We are going on Triumph, which doesn't have a chocolate buffet either. I was really looking forward to it as well, when I found it I was so disappointed, but not enought to change the cruise. Oh well, just another reason to take another cruise.

Rebecca

I keep hearing about these buffets for chocolate addicts and was wondering if Carnival has them? Specifically, the Pride? We don't remember there being one on the Ecstasy last summer, but that was a four day cruise. There was the Gala Buffet and it was beautiful. Amazing what they can do with food, huh?! My kids are driving me crazy about this and are dying to know - can you help me?

Thanks!

The Valor had a chocolate buffet, they even had a chocolate water fall. yum yum! i have to admit we thought we had died and gone to heaven!! so much chocolate to little time!!

When they had the gala (?) buffet on the Pride the last table was every inch chocolate. And was it scrumptious :D This is the buffet where they make food into anything imagineable.

Also they have a make your own sundae time. And it is make your own. I don't remember even having room for ice cream.....

Enjoy. The Pride is a beautiful ship. You will have a blast. Hope you are doing Randi's Happy Horses with the kids in Mazatlan.

Just off the Miracle and they had the Chocolate Fountain - they had rum balls, donuts, pineapple, banana, cantelope and honeydew on skewers and they were dipped into this fountain of chocolate. Is this what everyone is talking about? If so, it was the last day of the cruise - it ran from 12:00 - 2:30 ONLY and if you weren't in that area at that time you would never know it was going on. There was a long line (about 10 minutes) and worth every minute of the wait! Loved the rum balls!

The Valor had a chocolate buffet, they even had a chocolate water fall. yum yum! i have to admit we thought we had died and gone to heaven!! so much chocolate to little time!!

Do you happen to remember which day and time that was? I definitley do not want to miss that one!

The chocolate buffet is set up on Saturday afternoon along with the lunch buffet at Rosie's on the Lido deck. Lots of goodies - chocolate cheesecake, chocolate pear cake, chocolate orange cake, chcoloate gateau, waterfall, creme chocolate pudding, rice pudding (no chocolate at all in it - not sure why it was on the buffet - and it happened to be the worse rice pudding I've had in my life!), creme puff swans with hot fudge, fruit with chocolate and caramel sauces, truffles that were to die for!, fudge, candies, etc. everything really great (except the rice pudding of course!) :)

Archived