Question about upgrading when booking through TA

chukeee

We are booked on the Valor sailing of 5/1/11 through a travel agent. We are booked as a group. I am looking to upgrade my son and daughter in law from an inside to balcony. I saw a great rate on carnival and when I called the TA, she informed me that we can't even get them close to that rate since it is after final payment. I understand that we may have to pay slightly more to keep them in the group and get their $100 obc, but the amount she is giving me to change their booking is about $300 more than I could book a balcony room on the carnival website right now. The cost of a balcony on carnival is $421 (for 2) more than we paid for an inside. She is quoting me about $700 more (for 2). I am not understanding and Carnival says they cannot help me since we are booked through a TA. Any advice?

Carnival won't change the booking because you booked through the TA.

Ask your TA if Carnival will "assign a balcony room" for a reasonable price.

Let Carnival pick the balcony. If you got a good deal through a group rate, it may be best and time to leave well enough alone though. Good luck

Thanks, I will try that. I guess I'm not understanding why the TA can't get the room for the same price Carnival is now advertising it for. Any other suggestions?

Group prices are always higher because of the perks. You dont get that OBC free. There may be other activities for the group too which add to the price.

I paid for my first cruise and paid about double ...after that I booked on my own. I think my 7 day OV and air ran about $1300 per person!!! I quickly figured out paying for the group isnt always a advantage except to the group leader who got 2 free berths.

Archived