captains club question

i guide the sky

I got married in april last year and our honeymoon included a 7 day solstice cruise. That was my wifes first celebrity cruise. She joined captains club and has two credits from that cruise. I am select level now and will be elite after our next cruise. I know that I can take her to any of the captains club events and we already get most benefits from my level but after I get to elite status that brings into question the micheals club evening hours. Can I bring her to those hours even though she would only be select at the time? Or, is there a way that she can be automaticly given elite status because we are married? Not sure how that worked.

Know you all will have the answer, thanks

I may be wrong but she does not get elite staus as well. BUT, you as Elite can take her to any Elite events. This is spelled out on a piece of paper which will be in your cabin on boarding. It lists all the events and privileges which Elites are entitled to.

Just a small correction -- you can take your roommate/spouse/SO/friend/whatever to the Elite events, but that's not exactly receiving the same status as your roommate. For instance the two of don't necessarily get the same coupon page. Sometimes it happens that each cruiser gets a page based on their own status. Sometimes it happens that you both would get Elite coupons.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but when our dau got married last year and she was Diamond and went on CC she was elite, her hus automatically became an elite also and is now today. That was thru the Captians club. So I think that your spouse will be the same level as you as of now. Contact the captians club and explain the situation and they will set it up for you.:)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but when our dau got married last year and she was Diamond and went on CC she was elite, her hus automatically became an elite also and is now today. That was thru the Captians club. So I think that your spouse will be the same level as you as of now. Contact the captians club and explain the situation and they will set it up for you.:)

I thought of that too. elite equals diamond. royal seems to give spouses the same status, so spouse is diamond and elite, right?

I'm pretty sure thats the way it has worked . Both of my dau's were diamonds and elites and when they got married their hus both became their status. So all you have to do is get in contact with the Captians club nd they will set it up for you. Good luck, you should be fine.:)

The Royal Caribbean/Celebrity connection is a different issue. On Celebrity, each person achieves his/her own status. It's not connected to your spouse's, AFAIK.

It will be hard for X to avoid giving spouses equal status as long as X offer reciprocal recognition with RCL if RCL equalizes spouses. It might take one RCL cruise or just a C&A number. I am Elite on X. therefore I am Diamond on RCL. Had my husband not already earned D himself, Royal would have given it to him (unless they changed the policy very recently). the spouse's C&A account says Diamond, therefore won't he be Elite on X? I do not see how X avoids it, unless the couple doesn't ask or unless RCL changes their policy (I think they should change the policy BTW).

Archived