Bringing Oxygen on a ship..for anyone who has

valtandc

A member of our group is bringing oxygen on the ship. The kind that plugs into an outlet and creates oxygen out of air. Its not a tank.

for anyone that has been through this process can you tell me how it works? Is it flawless? or not? anything we need to be aware of?

I have seen many folks with O2 generators on the ships. Here's what Carnival says about it...

Oxygen

Guest using Oxygen and other breathing apparatus are responsible for traveling with their own supply of Oxygen and medications. Guest need to bring enough Oxygen to last the duration of the cruise, oxygen supply onboard the vessels are for emergency use only.

If you choose to hand carry your oxygen, packing oxygen cylinders and/or tanks in your luggage is strictly prohibited, as well as putting them through security x-ray machines. Please hand carry your oxygen machines (BiPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, Nebulizer, etc.) and not place them in your checked luggage.

The Medical Center is equipped with oxygen for emergency use ONLY. If you will require the use of oxygen during your cruise, you must arrange for an adequate supply to be delivered to the ship on your sailing date. (Likewise, all guests undergoing CAPD (Peritoneal Dialysis) must arrange for the delivery of solutions and supplies.) Please contact Guest Services once onboard for proper storage of your oxygen. All guests are responsible for the pickup and delivery of their oxygen. Please have your medical supply company contact us, otherwise port clearance may not be granted. It would be most helpful for you to carry with you a copy of your medical records (e.g., a list of your medical conditions, allergies, names and dosages of your medication, a copy of your EKG If applicable and the name and contact of your physician).

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_87

thanks. I did read this...I do appreciate your comments....however...hoping to hear from someone who has been through process. for example....I heard they can be delivered to your stateroom? how does this work? also, we will bring a canister of oxygen in case it takes a while to get to stateroom? how does this work? thanks.

I have seen many folks with O2 generators on the ships. Here's what Carnival says about it...

Oxygen

Guest using Oxygen and other breathing apparatus are responsible for traveling with their own supply of Oxygen and medications. Guest need to bring enough Oxygen to last the duration of the cruise, oxygen supply onboard the vessels are for emergency use only.

If you choose to hand carry your oxygen, packing oxygen cylinders and/or tanks in your luggage is strictly prohibited, as well as putting them through security x-ray machines. Please hand carry your oxygen machines (BiPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, Nebulizer, etc.) and not place them in your checked luggage.

The Medical Center is equipped with oxygen for emergency use ONLY. If you will require the use of oxygen during your cruise, you must arrange for an adequate supply to be delivered to the ship on your sailing date. (Likewise, all guests undergoing CAPD (Peritoneal Dialysis) must arrange for the delivery of solutions and supplies.) Please contact Guest Services once onboard for proper storage of your oxygen. All guests are responsible for the pickup and delivery of their oxygen. Please have your medical supply company contact us, otherwise port clearance may not be granted. It would be most helpful for you to carry with you a copy of your medical records (e.g., a list of your medical conditions, allergies, names and dosages of your medication, a copy of your EKG If applicable and the name and contact of your physician).

for example....I heard they can be delivered to your stateroom? how does this work?
Mach's answer was pretty straightforward. Per Carnival, you may *NOT* put them in your checked luggage, meaning you must carry them aboard yourself.

Archived