High Wind & Cold weather????

I'm leaving for my first cruise on Friday(NCL SKY) and I've been reading awesome posts from all the helpful people on here and I've read some things that have me worried.

1) Complaints of HIGH WINDS and COOL/COLD WEATHER!!!!

:eek: Is the boat really so windy that it is difficult to enjoy the outer decks and/or pool area? I noticed that most people who complained of this were on Mexican cruises and not Caribbean or Bahamian trips. I'm going to the Bahamas so do I need to bring a hoodie or anything? I really don't want to feeze.... I haven't been to the Bahamas since '96 but I don't remember getting cold a night!(however I was on paradise island and not on a boat lol)

2) That rooms that are on upper floors and in the aft of the boat are LOUD and often shaky or vibrate a lot. Ummmm.....is this something that only bothers people with frequent headaches or seasickness or is this an actual legitimate problem? Our room is on level 10 of NCL SKY and in the aft of the boat. Do I need to prepare myself for loud shaking and vibrating?

Any and all help in this is appreciated!!!!! :)

The Bahamas are just slightly east of southern Florida. I would bring a hoodie for evenings on the deck. The wind is going to vary according to the weather, but my experience is that at night it can be pretty windy. The ship usually goes faster at night, and slower [so less wind] during the day - at least that's been my experience.

I haven't sailed on this ship, but I've seen more comments about noise in aft cabins, closer to the water. Forward cabins, up higher, will frequently bounce more, depending upon the size of the waves and speed of the ship. Bring some Bonine, just in case the movement makes you feel queasy. Everyone is different in their tolerance for movement on the ship. On our first cruise, my sister got sick in the same cabin that didn't bother me at all.

We'll be sailing on the same week! Have a great time!

Check the weather for Florida....that's approximately what you'll have in the Bahamas. You will NOT be "cold"....even the wind will be warm!

you'll be fine on your upper decks...don't worry...you'll only be in your cabin to sleep! Most of the day, you'll be out and about...all deck levels, all parts of the ship. NO worries!

Doesn't matter how warm it is, you should always bring at least a light sweeater because even if it isn't cold outside, you may find the air conditioning inside quite cool. Best advice is throw that hoodie in your bag. If you need it, you'll be grateful for it. If you don't, oh well it doesn't take up too much space in a suitcase.

We were in an aft suite on the Sky on deck 10. The only vibrations that we encountered was when the ship was pulling into and out of the dock area. It doesn't last long, and really wasn't that big of a deal for us. In the mornings we were already up preparing for the day, so unless your a sleep in type person it shouldn't be a big problem.

Archived