Do you rent a tux?

2bfirsttime

...exactly the question I had! And the answer I hoped to hear! My DH will be renting a tux for our upcoming Miracle cruise this August. We've been on several cruises where I've worn a gown but he's never worn a tux. This cruise for us is celebratory as well, we will be bringin our newly adopted 5 year-old with us. We will be purchasing a tux for him through ebay. My DH has agreed to the tux so that we can get some very special family photos. Cannot wait!

DH and DS's have rented them on 2 cruises. My family photos from the cruises are my most cherished souvenirs. Carnival makes it very easy to rent tuxes and my boys are tall and thin and they fit perfectly.

Wear what you want! Enjoy your cruise!

I bought mine. You can buy them used from tux rental places. I paid slightly over $100 for mine. It came with jacket, pants, vest, bow tie, and buttons. The shirt was extra. I went online to find shoes.

I've used it for three cruises now so I more than made up for the difference in buying vs. renting.

There were several men wearing a tux on our Dream cruise. Just because others aren't dressing up doesn't mean that everyone else has to follow suit. It's up to you if you want to dress up or be casual.

@RWolver. I am with you, I've several used tuxes, although they seem to be shrinking on me. ;)

I've ordered a few vest/bow tie combos from the web to give the outfit some variety on the elegant nights.

To the OP --- dress up the faimily, you will not be alone in dressing to the 9s, even though fewer cruisers seem to care about it recently, which is too bad.

We always will and enjoy the party all night long.

B&B

My dad once told us his shirts had shrunk :D No worries, it happens to us all as we get older.

Special cruise for us too! Last cruise DH just wore his suit. However on the cruise I have in mind, our Legend cruise its special, and we want some special pictures. I dont think my guys would feel out of place if they WERE the only ones wearing one, which we know they will NOT be, but in any case, they are going to do it for ME :) They are actually really good sports when I make them get dressed up and take pictures and go places.

Having been on the Legend 3 times with in the past 2 years I can assure you that your men will be some of the very very very few with tuxes on (like they could be the only ones). If they don't feel out of place they should. Carnival is not a ship with formal nights, they have elegant nights and tuxes are just not worn.

Seems like a big waste of money to get some pictures taken.

I own a tux, as others posted it for the duration of the cruise

Don't be concerned with others are wearing

It's your cruise

Ditto !

We are Celebrating our 25th anniversary (3rd day on board).

Our 8 children/spouses and grandchildren (22 of us total) will ALL be dressed for formal night,a tux for the guys and dress for the ladies.They are all looking forward to it.Some will rent from Carnival and others have checked into buying used ones.Our 2 and 4 year old grandsons will look so cute I cannot wait.

I always wear a tux on the cruises. I own mine and my wife and I always look great. She wears a nice evening dress. I don't care what anyone else wears. We have some fantastic pictures. The B&W's are the best with the tux. I figure people who make snide comments about how we dress are either jealous or have no class.

Never have, never will. Especially after seeing people walking around in the dining room on "elegant" night with jeans and a polo shirt haha. I tend to just bring my sportcoat and dress slacks, a nice dress shirt, and a tie. Works for me :)

Archived