Homesick

I miss my yellow lab jumping in bed every night and forcing us to wrap ourselves around her to sleep. I miss the slobbery dog kisses every morning. During the rest of the day I am good. As for missing the kids - not so much.

Okay this might sound stupid and my husband thinks I am silly. I love to

go away and really enjoy a vacation but then while I am gone I miss my kids and dogs horribly. I usually try to bring a picture or something from

home to make my cabin feel homey. Does anyone else do this or have any

ideas how they make there cabins feel comfy?

I'm a SAHM and my DH works crazy, crazy hours. So, going on vacation is our chance to be a family, relax and take it all in. We do leave my poor dog Cooper with a dog sitter, but I absolutely can't think about him while we are gone or else I feel absoutely horrible that he's not with us! I couldn't imagine leaving the kids... don't have anyone I could leave them with even if I wanted to!!

But back to YOUR original post... perhaps have your kids make you a few little videos on your cell phone or ipod and watch them when you are missing them. Nothing like hearing their voices and seeing their little faces! You could do the same for them if you have the right electronics. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived