How to buy and transfer case of wine?

navigator71

So is a case of wine different from a box of wine? I want to buy the box wine and slap a bag ticket on it. Can this be done?

Thanks.

Also where is the best place to buy liquor? I leave from FT Lauderdale in a few weeks.

Total Wine is near the pier and you can view their web site to see if they carry what you want.

I have never heard or seen them taking wine from anyone. We were told to drop our tequila off at the bad person table after boarding in Puerto Vallarta in January although the elevator door happened to open at the appropriate time and we were able to slip by… :)

So they're okay with wine but not liquor? That sucks. I'm going to want some spiced rum...

How about bringing a 6-pack of wine? Do you give this to the porter or do you put it through the scanner? A case of wine for a 7-day cruise would be a little too much, but we would like to bring a bottle or two to our cabin crawl....

Nina, Ralph's has fabric slotted bags that hold 6 bottles of wine which we use to carry on when boarding and works really good for us. We gently lay on side through the security check point and have no worries about wine breaking in our luggage.

Wonder if any of you have had success bringing an open bottle into the dining room and avoiding the corkage fee.....

Actually, a corkage fee is NOT for opening the bottle of wine, and hasn't a thing to do with it. Whether you bring a bottle that needs opened or an open bottle, if the wine is one that the cruise line doesn't sell, plan on paying the corkage fee if you carry in the bottle to any of the dining venues.:rolleyes:

Archived