can kids use sail and sign to buy stuff/drinks

valtandc

Everyone gets a Sail and Sign card and they will be able to buy things with it unless you request no charging privileges for them. they must have a card though because this is their identification for the duration of the cruise. they will need it to get on and off the ship with you.

Do kids get a sign and sail card? ages 11 and 13

can you use it to purchase stuff on board? using my account of course.

thanks.

Yes, they can. You can set a limit, limit their card entirely or give them full privileges.

Funny story....My daughter was 16 on our cruise in Feb. She gave me $170 in spending money and I put it on our account. I did not limit her charging privileges but told her that's what she had to spend prior to having to check in with me. My daughter, being the cheapest most frugal child ever born, had $140 some odd dollars left when we disembarked. She actually bought a dress and a shirt and returned it because she did not want to spend the money. Her expense was her soda card and I think $5 in the arcade. I knew I could trust her not to over charge. Just make sure the kids think they have a limit at least.

They will get a S&S card with purchasing privalages only if you authorize it. Do you trust your kids enough to know they won't rack up a bill at the arcade or Internet access??

No kidding! I'd think about this! :eek:

Yes, they can. You can set a limit, limit their card entirely or give them full privileges.

Funny story....My daughter was 16 on our cruise in Feb. She gave me $170 in spending money and I put it on our account. I did not limit her charging privileges but told her that's what she had to spend prior to having to check in with me. My daughter, being the cheapest most frugal child ever born, had $140 some odd dollars left when we disembarked. She actually bought a dress and a shirt and returned it because she did not want to spend the money. Her expense was her soda card and I think $5 in the arcade. I knew I could trust her not to over charge. Just make sure the kids think they have a limit at least.

I like the limit thing. How do I do that. If my youngest can use in the arcade, I'm in trouble

I like the limit thing. How do I do that. If my youngest can use in the arcade, I'm in trouble

Just go to Guest Relations after you board and tell them you want Junior's card to have $xxx amount in charging privileges. Once the little guy runs out of money, you'll have to add more at your discretion.

My husband and I took our 3 children on the Valor. My daughters were 17 and 14 at the time, and my son was 9. All the children's cards were originally set to be able to charge, we took my son's privledges away when he lost his original card and we were afraid someone would be able to charge on our account. We could monitor their activity throughout the day and had there been a problem we could have suspended their account at any time.

You can also check off no charging privileges. There isnt much they can buy but those frozen non alcoholic drinks at 5 bucks a pop can run up a small fortune.

That and internet charges.

and make sure you explain to them how the phone works in the cabin and it is not to call home and talk to friends--lol

I agree about the limits, I'm going to do that next cruise. My 14 year old had a bigger bar tab than I did. She loves those virgin pina coladas.

Since my daughter thought she was paying for her own froo-froo drinks, she waited to the last night in the dining room to order a virgin Miami Vice. When I told her I would pay for it she was happy but so upset that she did not order them sooner if I was paying....that's my girl. I love that she saves every dime she makes but she really is cheap LOL.

Archived