Credit card company and travel insurance

I just got a letter from my Marriot Visa that says that travel purchases made with this card are covered with travel protection. It is a very good plan(even better than the one I purchased on-line!) Can I get a refund of the other plan if I cancel it? Are credit card company plans reliable?

• 2 weeks later...

We've got the Marriott Signature card too and chose to just use the insurance we already have with it rather then paying extra. We spoke with the insurance department and they cover just about everything. Just make sure you put the ENTIRE trip on the card or it won't be covered (i.e Don't put the deposit on this card and use a different one to pay the balance). Another interesting fact about that card;last month we got information from Marriott/Visa stating they are no longer charging the 3% interchange fee for purchases made out of the country. This one has become THE card to use for travel for us!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a letter from my Marriot Visa that says that travel purchases made with this card are covered with travel protection. It is a very good plan(even better than the one I purchased on-line!) Can I get a refund of the other plan if I cancel it? Are credit card company plans reliable?

Which specific card do you have?

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn-points/credit-card-rewards.mi

You should contact the credit card company directly and not rely on feedback from others on the board. Get the specifics of what is covered and what is not and the devil is in the details.

Keith

Bingo!

• 4 weeks later...

CUIZER2:

Your statement that the premium is not refundable after a 10 or 14 day period as the premium is considered fully earned is true for most policies. However, I found that Global

Travel Shield (an American Express Company) was the only policy that will fully refund your premium if you cancel the policy anytime up to the date of your trip.

Archived