Sydney Harbour accommodation

Haha... Me again :D Whenever we sail out of Sydney, we always stay at The Menzies... It is nice and close to ship, can get great deals there, have the yummiest buffet brekky and train station in just across road (as in 10meters away) we walk to ship in the mornings after brekky,

a 5 min walk and all downhill, an easy walk (and we have kids)

Also nice easy walk to Darling Harbour etc........

The rooms arent huge but very modern and clean, there is also nice bar there if you feel like drinks at night and nice restaurant. Fiona:)

P.S If you want to look at prices for The Menzies, go thru the Accor site. I am an Accor member so can usually get bit cheaper but I think they are still cheap for the location....

The Menzies does look nice they all do lol..just too many to choose from..its like easier to choose a cruise than a Hotel in Sydney :rolleyes:..lol

I actually haven't found The Holiday Inn at the Rocks :confused: is it called that?

Then again Holiday Inn's are everywhere it seems :D

The Menzies does look nice they all do lol..just too many to choose from..its like easier to choose a cruise than a Hotel in Sydney :rolleyes:..lol

I actually haven't found The Holiday Inn at the Rocks :confused: is it called that?

Then again Holiday Inn's are everywhere it seems :D

It's called the Holiday Inn Old Sydney :D

Shhhhh Fiona's a facebook stalker too :p

Yeah I googled that and worked that out myself lol :)..but thanks..suppose I have to do some leg work myself :D

Yeah Fiona's being following me around all day :eek: lol

Who is the Cruise Critic Police by the way??? :confused:

We will be staying at the Medina Grand Harbourside.....5 minutes walk to pier on Hickson Road. Other CC members recommended and it is really reasonable. We are on the Dawn in May to the south pacific for our honeymoon.:D

Thanks Toasty,

Yeah I looked and wondered about the Medina Grand. Looks good and some decent reviews. My lady ended up getting us a apartment in the World Tower for below $250 a nite which was pretty sweet. We are staying 4 days in Sydney before the cruise so figured it wont matter how close we are to the Harbour. From 62 odd stories up we should be able to see if the boats in :). All the best and good luck on your honeymoon. :)

Thanks Toasty,

Yeah I looked and wondered about the Medina Grand. Looks good and some decent reviews. My lady ended up getting us a apartment in the World Tower for below $250 a nite which was pretty sweet. We are staying 4 days in Sydney before the cruise so figured it wont matter how close we are to the Harbour. From 62 odd stories up we should be able to see if the boats in :). All the best and good luck on your honeymoon. :)

Just wondering what site you found the World Tower on....Sailing out of Sydney Jan 15/2012 and some hotels are already booked up...thanks for any info...yaya;)

Hi Yaya,

We booked it direct through Meriton Hotels try this link.

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney/world-tower-sydney/

I do know that the prices for the weekends double but mid-week is cheap considering. Let me know how you go?

On our return leg we got a 3 nights at the Metro Hotel Sydney Central for $105 a night through TravelZoo. So they might have some cheap deals? :)..cheers Muzza

Thanks Toasty,

We recently stayed overnight at the Medina Grand World Towers just before our cruise, 2 bedroom apartment on the 65th floor, views of Darling Harbour, and the city saw the planes coming in and out, we had apartment 6505 which also had a glass area with table and chairs fantastic views, and great staff.

Ahh i thought so.....i was the group stock controller for Galleria/Scarboro for 3 years, just left a year ago.......

So you are heading off on the Dawn too.......we went to NZ on her last year and i loved it..i am hooked on cruising :D

Na Toasty im doing the Jewel to the Pacific...I dig cruising too just not always enough holidays to give it a good crack lol :D...but what I have done has been great..I normaly cruise at the end of an extended Holiday break (between jobs lol) do i sound Toyota Toasty? :rolleyes:

lol...ffs too nice you dont know me yet :D...The Dawn looks a nicer boat than the Jewel..(it has more area's to drink apparentley) :p...

We needed a quick long holiday and the Jewel was doing the 14 days so that sealed it :)...this will be my 1st Pacific cruise I normally add a cruise onto my U.S.A snowboard times just too get warm again :D..Just lucky this year we cant get any cars from Japan in June..perfect for me guess not for the Japanese..

Do you know Vicky Cobby or Emma Bishop?

Cheers

Muzza

Yes I know Darren and Vicki well, they went up to Broome, and Emma is one of my best friends...i had been in the toyota camp before Scarb/Galleria, i worked with Watto at Freo and before that many moons ago with Gary Shannahan at Midland and Bruce at Melville....its in the blood :D

Well there you go we are family :D, I know all of the above I usta work with Daza and Vicki in Busso, and work with Emma now...she says to look her up on facebook as she hasnt got ur number?...small world this Cruise Critic it seems lol :)

Archived