Best place for Piece of Key Lime Pie?

mnsawyer

Also, I've read that there is a place(s) to buy something like key lime pie on a stick coated in chocolate? That sounds even better than a piece of pie! We'll be doing the old town trolley but wondered if it's on our route or near Duval Street?

Having formerly lived at Homestead, FL we love key lime pie. Miss it dearly.

Cannot understand for the best of me why anyone would want to ruin a perfectly good piece of key lime pie by dipping it in chocolate or adding chocolate to it.

Back when we lived down there it was not sold that way in the general Homestead area or even that way down in the Keys. Back than not even Key West sold chocolate covered key lime pie.

Never tried it and would pass on it for the original key lime pie.

We had the pie slice dipped in chocolate from Kermit's Key West Key lime Shoppe. It was fanatastic! They are located on the corner of Elizabeth and Greene, just a few blocks from Duvall. Their web site is www.keylimeshop.com. Try the Key Lime White Chocolate chip cookies, also.

AGREE and I've eaten a LOT of Key Lime Pie in Key West. Kermit by FAR has my vote. YUMMY YUMMY!

We loved Kermit's pies, so much in fact, that we had four shipped to us! I loved both the regular pie and the chocolate dipped pie on a stick.

We stopped at one of the Blonde Giraffe's, but they have meringue on theirs, and we aren't fans of meringue (Kermit's uses whipped topping on their pies).

Archived