Does Carnival have any solo cabins on any of their ships?

Tankgirlxx

I'm just wondering if Carnival has any single/solo cabins on any of their ships (not europe) that are priced accordingly rather than having to pay for double occupancy price for solo traveller?

Thanks

Tank :)

None, but every once in a while there is a random cruise that is less than 200% for a inside, but out of that many ships, doing lots of cruises, to just see one .... they are few and far between.

There used to be but Carnival doesnt want solo cruisers, I guess they feel they get enough bookings with 2 to the cabin who spend more onboard.

The solo cruiser has to pay double the cruise price (as in for a ghost person), yet carnival doesn't add the gratuities for the extra person that is not there. I truely do understand the a cruise company, as in any other company, is in the business to MAKE money, yet there are just so so so many solo cruisers out there and Carnival is in no way at all attempting to accommidate us. That is the reason that I can't take a cruise by myself. For the cost of paying for TWO people for just one traveler it is actually cheaper to take that land vacation. You would think that in the scheme of things they could afford to have at least have just a few cabins on each, or some, sailings for the solo cruiser. I am actually going through withdrawals from not being able to afford to cruise solo.

The solo cruiser has to pay double the cruise price (as in for a ghost person), yet carnival doesn't add the gratuities for the extra person that is not there. I truely do understand the a cruise company, as in any other company, is in the business to MAKE money, yet there are just so so so many solo cruisers out there and Carnival is in no way at all attempting to accommidate us. That is the reason that I can't take a cruise by myself. For the cost of paying for TWO people for just one traveler it is actually cheaper to take that land vacation. You would think that in the scheme of things they could afford to have at least have just a few cabins on each, or some, sailings for the solo cruiser. I am actually going through withdrawals from not being able to afford to cruise solo.

Just want to share that I checked on two B2B Costa cruises in March 2012, and Costa is not charging a single supplement on either of them!

If you would consider cruising with a line other than Carnival, then perhaps you don't have to go "through withdrawals!"

It's called the 'single supplement', I think.

Sometimes the 'supplement' is expressed as a percentage

(in addition to the normal PP price). Say, 75% or even 50%

if you catch a Tuesday special. Not always. I have only seen

good single discounts on off-season, slow selling cruises,

or last minute deals.

I only saved about $100 on a 7 day, solo, as compared to 2 in the

same inside cabin on upcoming Glory cruise.

Received a much better deal, solo, on RCCL in mid January.

:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived