Beverages Brought On Board

Good morning. As a long time HAL sailor I am considering a quick seven day cruise on Celebrity just for some needed R&R. For all you X long term travelers, can you advise on X's policy on bringing on your own soda and bottled water. HAL had a pretty generous program where you could bring soda, water and wine without a limit. I am a diet Dr. Pepper addict and thus would like to be able to bring it on but wanted to inquire so I'm following the rules accordingly. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

There are no rules against bringing your own non-alcholic beverages on board and many people do. On our cruise just ended, we brought on a 24 pack of cans of sparking lemon soda and a case of bottled water. We just put luggage tags on the cases and gave them to the porters with our luggage and they were delivered to our cabin.

Alcoholic beverages are limited to 2 bottles of wine per cabin and only at the initial port of embarkation. No spirits, liquor or beer allowed to brought on board.

If you're bringing water onboard I highly suggested wrapping the ends of the case with extra tape. On two occassions now when the water was delivered to my stateroom there have been a number of missing water bottles. It seems the porters who are loading the bags take some and it is probably easier when there is an open end on the water bottles.

Archived