Very specific questions regarding Lido deck cabins

nunuc2000

Howdy...

Trying to figure out exactly what the ocean view cabins are like on Lido deck on the Crown Princess... L101, 102, 103 and 104. I know they have a viewing area in front of them, thus the partially obstructed category assigned to them, and depending on the time of day folks outside may or may not be able to see in. I know there are treadmills in the gym above the cause some "thumping" throughout the day, and I know that being at the front of the ship there's more motion.

But what I DON'T know is how they differ on the inside... some people have suggested that they are slightly larger than other ov's, and some have even stated that L104 in particular is oddly shaped - how so???:confused:

I'd love to see photos of L104 in particular, but on Princess' site they only show the standard cookie-cutter diagram and photo for ov for all of those rooms. Is there a difference between the L101-104 cabins and other obstructed oceanviews?

I'd really appreciate any detailed info anyone can provide.

Muchas gracias mi amigos :D

This thread should give you answers and pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1028933

I can't seem to open that link from my work email but will try later from home.

BUT... your B2B on Crown Oct 27 2012, that's the same one we're looking at! Just about to book and trying to decide on cabins, thus my line of questioning regarding the L101 - L104 cabins :) We're booking Oct 15 - 27, then Oct 27 - Nov 8... are you booking the same 2?

Howdy...

Trying to figure out exactly what the ocean view cabins are like on Lido deck on the Crown Princess... L101, 102, 103 and 104. I know they have a viewing area in front of them, thus the partially obstructed category assigned to them, and depending on the time of day folks outside may or may not be able to see in. I know there are treadmills in the gym above the cause some "thumping" throughout the day, and I know that being at the front of the ship there's more motion.

But what I DON'T know is how they differ on the inside... some people have suggested that they are slightly larger than other ov's, and some have even stated that L104 in particular is oddly shaped - how so???:confused:

I'd love to see photos of L104 in particular, but on Princess' site they only show the standard cookie-cutter diagram and photo for ov for all of those rooms. Is there a difference between the L101-104 cabins and other obstructed oceanviews?

I'd really appreciate any detailed info anyone can provide.

Muchas gracias mi amigos :D

We are going on the Ruby Princess TA in about 2 1/2 weeks..in L-104. I too have been searching these threads for info. I will try to post good pictures when we return...I know there's a lot of interest in those Lido deck cabins there. Wish us luck and smooth seas!

We are going on the Ruby Princess TA in about 2 1/2 weeks..in L-104. I too have been searching these threads for info. I will try to post good pictures when we return...I know there's a lot of interest in those Lido deck cabins there. Wish us luck and smooth seas!

Have a great vacation!!

I can't seem to open that link from my work email but will try later from home.

BUT... your B2B on Crown Oct 27 2012, that's the same one we're looking at! Just about to book and trying to decide on cabins, thus my line of questioning regarding the L101 - L104 cabins :) We're booking Oct 15 - 27, then Oct 27 - Nov 8... are you booking the same 2?

Not quite, we opted for the Oct. 27 and Nov. 8. Cruises-as that gives us three days in Venice at the turnaround and which is plenty of time for Venice, and then we start and end in Rome, which gives us more time to enjoy that city.

Not quite, we opted for the Oct. 27 and Nov. 8. Cruises-as that gives us three days in Venice at the turnaround and which is plenty of time for Venice, and then we start and end in Rome, which gives us more time to enjoy that city.

Ahhh I see... we also wanted extra time in both Venice and Rome, as well as a day and a half in Florence, so we're flying into Rome 6 days ahead of the cruise, spending a few nights there, then taking the eurostar train to Florence for an over night, then train again to Venice the day before our cruise starts on the 15th of Oct.

Can't believe we have 18 months to go... ugh!! :rolleyes:

Celine, That sounds like a great plan, too. Florence is a wonderful city and I could spend weeks there, I think. Do you have any plans for after the cruise or are you flying straight out of Venice?

We are looking at flying into Paris first, then down to Rome a day or so before the cruise, and then spend most of our extra time there after the cruise.

P.S. did you get that link to open? if not, just enter the thread number into your URL in place of this one and hit 'enter'

Celine, That sounds like a great plan, too. Florence is a wonderful city and I could spend weeks there, I think. Do you have any plans for after the cruise or are you flying straight out of Venice?

We are looking at flying into Paris first, then down to Rome a day or so before the cruise, and then spend most of our extra time there after the cruise.

P.S. did you get that link to open? if not, just enter the thread number into your URL in place of this one and hit 'enter'

Hi Cheryl,

Yes, I got it to open from home... we decided to go with the "e" category gty... the theory is that since since there's only 5 cabins of that category on the whole ship, the odds are in our favour that we may get an upgrade to unobstructed oceanview with our gty... and if we get assigned an actual category e cabin, we're fine with that too. :)

We've neve been to Europe or the Mediteranean at all, so we wanted to make sure we hit Florence on this trip. We'll be flying home the day after the cruise from Venice. Sooooo excited!!! So it appears we'll be on the Egypt leg with you. :)

Archived