Embarkation in NYC questions....

valtandc

It's really easy---you can pull up downstairs,the porters will take luggage and you walk in to board----if you are driving you do the same---the driver circles back a few blocks and goes up the ramp to park---everything is clearly marked OR you can park and take the elevator ( it's huge) down to check in with your luggage not sure if you are taking a cab---in short--parking 2nd level entrance street level.

I'm on the Miracle this month --28th and will be driving.

Arrive time is about 10:45---11am . Have a great time and post a review after !

Just wondering how the process is for the Miracle in Manhattan? Any suggestions on when we should arrive? Traveling with seniors too....may need help with luggage, etc.

thanks.

really easy, although i liked the old traffic pattern better when parking.

arrive between 10:30 and 11:00.

great day just being dock on the west side.

When we left out of NY last April, we got a ride to the port, arriving somewhere around noon, our bags were hardly out of our hands when one of the porters grabbed them and put them on a cart. We walked in and there was hardly a wait for security or checking in at the Carnival desk. Then we sat and waited about 10 minutes until they called our number and we were in line for our photo, then onto the ship. The whole process took about 30-35 minutes, was very smooth and made for a very enjoyable beginning to our cruise.

Off the ship and back in port, it was easy to find our bags and the line to get out through the checkpoint went very fast. Too bad our ride home didn't show up. LOL

Now...Miami on the other hand this past November was hectic, chaotic, lines were long in the port, line was long at the Carnival desks, line was long getting on the ship. Getting off the ship we stood for well over an hour in the customs line, not because it was long, it just wasn't moving. Totally different experience.

It's really easy---you can pull up downstairs,the porters will take luggage and you walk in to board----if you are driving you do the same---the driver circles back a few blocks and goes up the ramp to park---everything is clearly marked OR you can park and take the elevator ( it's huge) down to check in with your luggage not sure if you are taking a cab---in short--parking 2nd level entrance street level.

I'm on the Miracle this month --28th and will be driving.

Arrive time is about 10:45---11am . Have a great time and post a review after !

JayJay,

we are also going on the sailing on the 28th. Could you help me in telling me exactly where the entrance is to the port? We are driving but we are staying in a hotel on West 31st St but parking in a garage on at 1250 Broadway. I have been trying to put the address in my gps so we will not have a huge problem getting to the port from the parking garage? Any help you can give me I would really appreciate

Tip for anyone looking to save money on parking: Last summer we found a private parking garage about four or five blocks away from the port. They had an online coupon which allowed us to park for $16 a day. (The Port Authority charges $30/day.)

I can't find the garage we used, but if you Google "Icon Parking Systems" and look through their online coupons you might find a deal too.

Like others have said embarkation at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is very easy and friendly.

If you have seniors with you who might need assistance, just tell one of the greeters near the door and they will direct you appropriately.

Have fun!

JayJay,

we are also going on the sailing on the 28th. Could you help me in telling me exactly where the entrance is to the port? We are driving but we are staying in a hotel on West 31st St but parking in a garage on at 1250 Broadway. I have been trying to put the address in my gps so we will not have a huge problem getting to the port from the parking garage? Any help you can give me I would really appreciate

55th Street.

You go up the ramp to the parking area. Once you have paid and gone through the security check pull over to the side by the elevator and give your luggage to the porters. Leave anyone with walking problems and go park. Take the elevator down to the terminal level and you are all set.

seems great......wow....early as 10:30 to arrive there???

what time approx can you board?

Boarding began between 11:30 and noon on all my Miracle sailings, so it is not a long wait if you get there at 10:30. If I need to book something fast at the excursion desk I arrive even earlier.

Archived