So, once prices go up...do they go down?

bigmacfan

We never book early...always book late. I have always experienced prices staying stable or dropping in the final days before sailing. We are about 55 or so days out from our possible sailing and noticed that prices went up about $50pp today from yesterday on our desired category. When they do this in these late days...do they usually go back down or go higher? Just wondering trends :)

I dont see them dropping this year. We booked the Valor for May 29th in December a balcony for $950 pp, it is now selling for $1379 pp and climbing every week. I have read alot about huge demand this year. My humble opinion is book now, you can always push for a refund of the difference if the price drops!!

Without question, book early! The days of the last-minute price drops are just about gone (with a few exceptions here and there). It's a combination of cruising being the hot vacation choice, and the end of the "New-Ship-of-the-Month Club." It's supply and demand in its simplest form - more people, fewer accommodations, higher prices. Get busy and book that cruise!

Al

We are sailing April 4th (spring break week) so, of course we booked early at the end of October.

We booked a guarantee OV at 500.00 on th SENSATION and just received our boarding passes and was upgraded to the Empress Deck those cat are now going for 710.00 a cabin, I know the sensation is an older boat but we would pleased to be our first cruise and to get upgraded that far up and save money too.

I have a friend that goes on a cruise every year for the past 15 years and swears by booking early.

Archived