Restaurants/bars at the pier

psbaldi

I would like to sit at a bar/restaurant at the pier that overlooks the water and the cruise ships in port. I just want to sit and enjoy a beverage before I get back on the ship and am looking for recommendations...i want to do this at every port this trip.

Wet Lizard upstairs is really your only ticket in Belize. There is no cruise ship pier here. You tender in. And you'll probably not be able to see any ships from the tender dock. Just the tenders and water taxis and local boats. Still if you can get a seat at the railing, quite scenic.

I believe there is another bar right out on the waterfront, it has just a roof and open sides. Sorry do not remember the name of the bar but this area is small you will find it.:)

Yeah, what is the name of that little bar? We always sit there watching the tenders go back to the ships.

I thought it was part of Wet Lizards?

Hey Doc. that's what I thought too! They dohave some tables on the dock level by the gift shop. But I recall a cruise review last year that mentioned a different name nearer the Terminal 3/4. Can't find that review. But someone had a good time there and then someone else commented about feeling ripped off. Oh well, psbaldi will find it or just hit Wet Lizard. Not exactly a port to watch the ships though.

We recently had a great time at the 2 for $5 beer stand on the dock. There is a little stand with a white canopy that sells Wet Lizard T-shirts, so I think they are affiliated.

There are other 2 for $5 stands, but the bartender, Johnny, make this one the only option. There 5-6 stools that we and another couple from the ship employed for two hours. Johnny will tell some stories of life in Belize and keep you entertained. They sell Belikin beer, the local brew in three flavors. Two things you must do: try the Cashew wine -- it's horrible, and buy Johnny a beer since it is so hot outside.

Archived