12:50 flt. from JFK

davedj

We were on a 12:30 out of JFK last year and had plenty of time. Even caught an earlier flight. The airport is about 30-45 minutes away. If you get off the ship on time, you should be fine.

If you do 'self help' disembarkation (carry your own luggage yourself) you will have all the time in the world - if you wait for general disembarkation you might be pushing it.....

Last year for my Crossing disembarkation, Cunard advised no flights earlier than 1:00 pm form JFK. I booked the Cunard bus transfer to JFK (scanned off QM2 at 8:14 am) and even thnough we had a "detour" off the expressway, due to an accident ahead with all lanes blocked, I arrived, checked in, went through security and was in my airline's VIP lounge by 10:30. To be safe, you could request the Shore Excursion office to include you in the first general embarkation group.

While you might make the 12:30 flight, it's one heck of a jolt to have to rush so much after a relaxing voyage. We've had some pretty wicked traffic en-route to JFK after our cruises; if there's any delays, it could result in you missing your flight.

Arriving on QM2 in NYC Tues. Sept 27, 11. Is a 12:50pm flt. too early for a departure from JFK on Jet Blue or should we book on 6pm flt. Thanks for response

Hi Davedj. If there is a compelling reason for you to make the earlier flight, it just might work if you do self disembarkation, but I'm sure you know that disembarkation time is NOT guaranteed: from my personal experience, substantial delays in self disembarkation have occurred in 2 out of 8 voyages docking in Red Hook.

On the other hand, if you have the time you might want to consider Cunard's tour of NY, which will then take you to the airport to meet your flight at 6 pm.

Looking forward to reading about your voyage. Regards, Salacia

I once tried booking an earlier flight and booked Cunard's transfer which left early. Only problem - my luggage was not in the right colour group and it took 2 Cunard reps 40 minutes to find it since they had to wait for more bags to be unloaded. Needless to say I missed the JFK coach and had to wait until they filled another bus. I did make the flight but barely. Don't want to do that again:eek:

I book later Jetblue flights and since I'm generally on deck 4 and among some of the last to leave, just sit back and wait. I don't arrive at JFK feeling like an overwrought wreck. I also only have an hour's flight from JFK to Buffalo so it doesn't make me arrive home too late.

Linda

Archived