Family Upgrade?

Hi wonder if anyone can tell me whether families ever get upgraded?

we are 2 adults and 2 children sharing a D1 and are Emerald level C&A members. This is our 5th cruise and have never had a visit from the upgrade fairy. Maybe just our luck or is it less likely to get an upgrade as a family.

All our sailings have been from Southampton and we sail again on 28/5. At the moment the website shows lots of availbility on JS and GS for 4, so maybe this time?

First of all, there never seems to be one single reason why people do/don't get upgraded ... but C&A status, fare, and people in the cabin all affect the outcome. With that being said, and at least in my experience, cabins with more than two people in them are less likely to be upgraded simply because there are fewer higher-occupancy cabins available.

5 cruises and you wonder if you are unlucky or disadvantaged? i hope you are joking. I have been on 30 cruises without an upgrade. Only two in my cabin. though I would welcome an upgrade, I do not expect one. Upgrades are rare. If you want a better cabin, you may need to pay up.

Was upgraded from a balcony to a GS on the Radiance in January and from a JS to a GS on the Navigator on March 31st. I just earned Diamond Plus in December 2010.

Were there 4 people in your cabin? I believe that's what the OP is asking about. :)

Archived