Current movies for muts

navigator71

Just wondering if any of you who recently have been on the CP would share what they were showing for movies? Does Princess show the same films on all ships? Are they current release movies or the selection one would find at a rental store? And finally, how often do they switch the selection?

Don't want to rent a movie that I could wait to see on the ship.

Thanks everyone!

Funny thing, just got the email letting me know info about the upcoming cruise I'm going on in two weeks. They say Green Hornet and Country Strong at first glance. Haven't clicked on anything more yet. Just thought I'd let you know. Guess that means they are playing movies already on DVD at this time, not current playing movies in theaters.

Guess that means they are playing movies already on DVD at this time, not current playing movies in theaters.

That is what they always do, never* any first run.

The best they do is have a DVD of a movie a week or two before the DVD is released for sale to the general public.

* I think there was one movie that had its premiere one evening on Princess screens at the same time or just before it started in theaters. But that was an unusualy event.

We were on the Caribbean Princess on the April 3rd sailing from Puerto Rico, glad I saved my Patters. At night on MUTS, they showed Secretariat, the NCAA Basketball Finals, The Tourist, True Grit, The Social Network, Red and one night - they showed several concerts. (James Brown, Beyonce) During the day, they showed many more including Toy Story 3, Inception, Little Fockers, The Next Three Days, Tangled, Megamind, Knight & Day, Yogi Bear, Tron, and Salt. The King's Speech, Morning Glory, The Town and The Fighter were shown in the Princess Theater once during the week in the afternoon. I think that about covers it - enjoy your cruise!

Archived