bolongo bay

kenorus

Just wondering if anyone has been here. They have beach chairs for 5 dollars and you can use the bar and restaurant facilities. I dont mind paying for drinks or food just want somewhere safe and close to where the ship docks.

Bolongo is not the best beach, rocky and not very scenic. Try what is called Emerald on this board. Out by the airport and closer than Bolongo. You can rent chairs, etc. and the beach is nice sand. Good food and drinks too. There are two resort/hotels on the beach, Best Western and another which I can not recall the name of.

B.

Is it the beachcomber on emerald beach as it is on the same beach as best western. I just emailed her to see if we could use their facilities. I dont want to go to megans bay as we have been there already.

How is the snorkeling at either beach?

The snorkeling is pretty good at Bolongo, but you need to be able to swim out a bit. There is a dive shop on the premises that rents snorkel equipment. Also the beach bar Iggy's is nice and right on the beach. The thing about many STT beaches is that there is not one long continuous stretch of sand without rocks. But when you go to the sections inbetween the rocks, the water is quite lovely.

Archived