Best ship for 4- 5 day cruise

I am taking my DD on a cruise for a graduation gift from college. I want to go on a shorter itineray to start with. What ship goes to Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay or something like these ports? I have on been on Carnival and want to spread my wings a little. Besides I won a free cruise with RCI whick helps!!!

I am taking my DD on a cruise for a graduation gift from college. I want to go on a shorter itineray to start with. What ship goes to Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay or something like these ports? I have on been on Carnival and want to spread my wings a little. Besides I won a free cruise with RCI whick helps!!!

With RC, it really depends on when you plan to take your cruise and from which port. In my opinion, RC is a little limited on the 4-5 night cruises, especially in the summer. For Caribbean destinations, you will probably want to cruise out of Florida. In the summer, I believe your only options would be Monarch of the Seas or Majesty of the Seas, 2 of their oldest and smallest ships (but still great!). They do 4 night cruises to Nassau and Coco Cay, which is RC's private beach. The Majesty also stops in Key West for the 4-night cruise. If you wait until late fall through Spring, you can often find more 4-5 night cruises on some of the larger, newer ships like Liberty of the Seas with stops in places like Jamaica, Grand Cayman, or Cozumel. Personally, I prefer the larger ships just because I find there is more to do and they are so impressive.

I suggest the Navigator of the Seas 5 nighter. Did this in November and it was a perfect ship with lots to do. Had a couple of sea days which is nice and stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel...both are beautiful islands to visit.

I'm going on this cruise in a few days. I was on a 5-day cruise on her sister ship (Explorer) a few years ago and it was wonderful. I love the larger ships, especially for cruises longer than 3 days. Navigator is only in FL for the winter through April, then she goes back to Europe. I don't understand why RC doesn't have 5 day cruises out of Florida in the summer. As long as there are no tropical systems in the Atlantic, the seas are beautiful in the summer.

I like the 4 night Majesty for a recent grad. Get in the afternoon before and spend the afternoon and evening exploring Miami South Beach. Hit the bars in Key West, relax at Coco Cay (like Half Moon Cay - private) and do some snorkeling in Nassau.

I would definitely go with Navigator out of FLL. Not sure when youre going but they added some pretty reasonable 6 nighters in Dec.

This is coming form a fellow buckeye and browns fan ;) That should hold some weight :)

Another vote for Majesty. Great ship & crew. No mini golf, no ice skating, no carousel, just lots of fun. Like CP3o says, it sails on Monday, so get to Miami on Saturday or early Sunday and enjoy the beach, Bayside, etc. It returns on Friday, so you have the weekend to rest & recover from your vacation. :D

If you can catch Navigator or one of the other big ships at the right time, that would also be great, but we find that the Majesty is just right for the four day cruises.

Majesty would be a good choice, she is a nice ship and in my opinion a good size. Not so big and hard to learn to get around and not so small you are crowded. The age groups on Majesty are varied so both of you could find someone to talk with and plenty to do. For the money is a great cruise.

Archived