Please tell me about the Jewel!!!

Hi. I just traded my Epic reservation for the Jewel. We will have an 18 month old with us and i thought it would be more fun to be on land roaming around the beach than it would to be couped up on the ship. This cruise goes to Samana, Tortola, St. Thomas, and Nassau. We booked an inside cabin.

Can adults use the waterslide? Can my 18 month old use any of the baby pool area? Do they have playtime with parents like on the Epic, for babies? I think i saw a batting cage in a video of the ship.. is there one? What other active things are there for adults to do??? I was looking forward to the mini golf, rappelling, rock wall, water slides, circus dinner show on the Epic, what is similar to do on the Jewel?

Can you tell me some good tips for these ports? I would love to just go to the beach. What is the cheapest way to do this? Can i bring a stroller onboard, and into ports? Do you recommend one? What can i take off the ship at ports for the baby?

Thank you for any advice!

You might want to read some reviews in the review section, as well as mini reviews posted here.

For port information, check out the ports of call.

Children in diapers can not use the pool for sanitary reasons. Feces contamination is bad news.

Also, checkout the ROLL CALL for your cruise.

As to strollers, my personal suggestion is the cheapest lightest umbrella stroller you can find. None of those Extended SUV type things.

Hi. I just traded my Epic reservation for the Jewel. We will have an 18 month old with us and i thought it would be more fun to be on land roaming around the beach than it would to be couped up on the ship. This cruise goes to Samana, Tortola, St. Thomas, and Nassau. We booked an inside cabin.

Can adults use the waterslide? Can my 18 month old use any of the baby pool area? Do they have playtime with parents like on the Epic, for babies? I think i saw a batting cage in a video of the ship.. is there one? What other active things are there for adults to do??? I was looking forward to the mini golf, rappelling, rock wall, water slides, circus dinner show on the Epic, what is similar to do on the Jewel?

Can you tell me some good tips for these ports? I would love to just go to the beach. What is the cheapest way to do this? Can i bring a stroller onboard, and into ports? Do you recommend one? What can i take off the ship at ports for the baby?

Thank you for any advice!

Definitely bring the stroller along, you will need it since there is a lot of walking involved.

Adults can use the water slide on the Jewel.

Check out the family cruising board here at CC for good advice on packing for the baby and a lot of other useful information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

No mini golf, rockclimbing, rapelling, stuff on the Jewel....they do have a basketball/volley ball court, ping pong, shuffle board, chess/checker board, game room, arcade, some type of golf driving net, and NICK characters.....sing along with Dora, autograph/picture time ect.

Archived