Pier Buggy Tram

youngatheart136

Hello all. We are past RCCL cruisers and just recently got off the Oasis. We were docked next to a Celebrity ship in St. Maarten and observed the nice amenities like the wet towels being handed to people returning from shore excursions. We decided to look at Celebrity for our next cruise and are considering the Summit next March.

My question stems from something else I observed in St. Maarten. It appeared there was a buggy/tram that was available to take people from the ship to the pier entrance and vice versa. My husband has a bit of a health condition that makes him short of breath with exertion and we wondered if this was a perk made available at all Celebrity ports. Can anyone advise? If so this would be a major advantage for us.

Costa Maya, Mexico also has a long pier with a tram.

Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; and Ocho Rios Jamaica do not have an similar offering.

Georgetown, Grand Cayman is a tender port.

Those are the places I know about, otherwise I would always assume that they would not have this amenity offered.

We are considering Summit next year March out of San Juan. The ports it will visit besides St. Maarten are: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas. If anyone has feedback regarding the availability of trams on the pier in any of these ports, it would be appreciated. Oasis docked at St. Thomas but it was at a different pier I believe so I wasn't able to observe the other pier.

On a cruise several years back another Celebrity passenger was able to rent a golf cart plus driver to ferry him back and forth along the pier in St. Martin. I don't know where he got the golf cart, but it took him down the entire pier and right to the ship entrance - that part I know because he stopped and invited us to ride along on his cart when he spotted us returning from a shore excursion. (very kind of him!)

The tram in St. Martin was for all the ships in port.

My husband also needed the tram and it cost $1. pp. They took you the entire length of the pier and also over to Oasis.

Celebrity always provides seating, cold towels and drinks on the dock in port. You'll love the sorbet at the pool on sea days also.

Archived