Personal Laptop or Internet Cafe????.....

RMS95

Which one is best to use while on board?? You still pay either way, correct?? Last time we cruised I used the internet cafe and it wasnt that bad, I mean it was good enough to do what I wanted to do.

we bring our laptop for 2 reasons:

1. so we can surf the internet naked (if we want to) and not have to schlep our way to the internet cafe.

2. as a backup storage. At the end of each day, we'd copy the pics from the SD card onto the laptop just in case something happened and the SD card was lost/corrupted.

It's also nice to have while sitting in airports with free Wi-Fi to pass the time.

ETA: does anyone know if they have anything at the FunHubs now where you can insert an SD card and a USB storage drive and transfer pics from one to the other? If they do, is there a charge for this?

Speed and price is the same. So slow...you can do what you need to but there are Internet cafes all over the islands. Cheap and fast to get er done.

$1 an hour in Progresso. Iv been getting $2 an hour in Cozumel. Why keep up with a laptop?

we just use the ships internet rather than schleping our computer around - we sit and chat or read when we are at the airport. When we go ashore we just go to an internet cafe - sometimes paying as little as $1 for 15 minutes plus we bought Red Stripe beer for $1.50 each while we surfed. You can get a loaner from the internet cafe on the ship for the duration of your cruise for free - but first come first serve. The guy kept trying to get me to take one but I only go on once a day for a few minutes to check email and stock prices I told him to give it to someone who could make better use of it or wants to surf naked. If you want to go this route go to cafe as soon as you board because as I say they are limited

Archived