April 2012 Brides!

acireta

Seems like there are a few of us hanging around. I'd love to keep up with each other and our planning progress!

So far, we have a website set up, on-island coordinator, ceremony and lunch reception locations, photographer and 9 guests booked. We sent STDs a few months ago and we'll send out invites this summer. I've started ordering stuff for oot bags from vista print when I get coupons for free stuff.

How are you April ladies doing?

Awesome! We're April 15, 2012. I figure a tax day anniversary should be easy enough for him to remember, lol. (though, I'm pretty sure we haven't sent our local tax forms in yet... shhhh!)

So... yeah. I'm a slacker. We havn't even decided on save the dates yet. I think we're about 90% sure on a postcard I found on vistaprint. I never even thought of them for wedding stationary but one of the girls on here turned me on to them and we found one that is actually "supposed to be" a retirement party invite but it's completely appropriate for a cruise wedding.

My fiance set up a website but we're not happy enough with it yet to publisize it. Who are you using to host your site? We've tried out a couple of sites and I just don't feel like there are very many options with most of them...

We're using mywedding.com. Check that wedding website thread, there are a few options listed. Which one are you trying right now?

Vistaprint is seriously awesome. Their quality is always good, and their prices cannot be beat. I recently ordered from Zazzle, their competitor, and the quality was CRAP and my design was completely off-center. For what I'm using it for it doesn't matter, but I won't be ordering from them again.

Don't worry about being indecisive - you have plenty of time!

We're using mywedding.com. Check that wedding website thread, there are a few options listed. Which one are you trying right now?

I don't know what site he was playing with but I don't like TheKnot because it runs poorly on my mac. It seems like mywedding and weddingwire are popular. We are going to sit down and take a look at them both tonight.

ooh! Those are cute! Haven't started looking at that yet. I just have my MOH to worry about really. Though I'm thinking about something for my mom and grandmas though. Personalized hankies seem like a good bet but I would also like something else for them.

I'm going to do personalized hankies too for the moms and my stepdad and me eventually... i've been pricing out stuff for OOT bags. I know I'm doing all of this super early, but my job is hellish in the fall and winter, so its just easier to get it done now and to at least know my options based on our budget.

sorry to hear about the drama you're dealing with btw, wish it were easier for you!

What, that stuff with my mom? It'll blow over. I still haven't heard from her but I'll give her a call tomorrow night if I don't hear from her before then. Everything will be fine. She's actually a really great lady, we just had a misunderstanding I think. I just kinda needed to get it out, ya know? I didn't expect this to be so emotionally charged.

Oh... Yeah, I forgot a hankie for my fiances step-dad. As we all shared a house for a few years when he and I first got together and his stepdad cried more than I did at the time. But once I hit 30? Well, hormones are weird. Regardless of that we'll need one for him too, lol.

I was thinking about the OOT bags too though. I love the aluminum water bottle idea. I was actually looking at some of the generic pre-printed ones at big lots last week. They were only about $4 each and we could choose different designs to suit each guests personality but I really love the idea of personalized items.

I know the lanyard is a must just based on the info in this forum. I remember getting a small waterproof zipup bag at a convention I went to a few years ago. I'm wondering if getting those and putting them on the lanyards is a good idea. That way people don't have to punch holes in their cards and can carry other small items that way too. Didn't really look for them yet though. Been working 11 hour days just to pay for this! luckily, I have a job where a certain amount of internet usage is permissable and I spend all of that time planning the wedding and on CruiseCritic.

I was thinking about the OOT bags too though. I love the aluminum water bottle idea. I was actually looking at some of the generic pre-printed ones at big lots last week. They were only about $4 each and we could choose different designs to suit each guests personality but I really love the idea of personalized items.

I know the lanyard is a must just based on the info in this forum. I remember getting a small waterproof zipup bag at a convention I went to a few years ago. I'm wondering if getting those and putting them on the lanyards is a good idea. That way people don't have to punch holes in their cards and can carry other small items that way too. Didn't really look for them yet though. Been working 11 hour days just to pay for this! luckily, I have a job where a certain amount of internet usage is permissable and I spend all of that time planning the wedding and on CruiseCritic.

we're doing lanyards too, with some sort of plastic pocket for the card, with a little insert about holding Sail & Sign card and tip money.

My work is BEYOND boring today (almost everyone else works from home on Fridays) so I'm sitting here wedding planning and watching project runway online :D

I just ordered my STDs! We decided to go with the postcards. Way less work than the luggage tags and probably half the price. I'll post pics of the proofs when I get home.

yay! can't wait to see them! where did you order from? here are mine:

stdfront.jpg

stdback.jpg

Those are cool! Mine are much more simple just telling people to go to the website mostly. Got 110 of them for $25 at vistaprint. No envelopes even. We're just going to send them like you would a regular post card from a destination.

I was thinking about doing post card anouncements as well and mailing them the day after the wedding from Hell, Grand Cayman. Inappropriate or funny?

Those are cool! Mine are much more simple just telling people to go to the website mostly. Got 110 of them for $25 at vistaprint. No envelopes even. We're just going to send them like you would a regular post card from a destination.

I was thinking about doing post card anouncements as well and mailing them the day after the wedding from Hell, Grand Cayman. Inappropriate or funny?

Nice price, I am obsessed with Vistaprint!

Hell, Grand Caymen? Is that a town? I think its funny either way! :D Maybe some old people won't get it, but would they notice the postmark? Love the idea of mailing them from the island!

Hello fellow April 2012 brides!

We will be married April 13, 2012 Smathers Beach, FL in Key West! We will be getting married the second day of the cruise and hosting a reception that evening on the Carnival Destiny.

We have sent out out our Save the Dates and have 8 cabins, 17 people booked :)

My fiances parents are looking into renting a trolley for transportation from the ship to the beach and back. They also want to host a small welcome reception the first night on the ship.

Sooo excited to have passed the one year mark. I bought my dress last week, it will be 6-8 months until it comes in. Ahhhh so excited!!!!

Wish it was tomorrow tho :D

Hello fellow April 2012 brides!

We will be married April 13, 2012 Smathers Beach, FL in Key West! We will be getting married the second day of the cruise and hosting a reception that evening on the Carnival Destiny.

We have sent out out our Save the Dates and have 8 cabins, 17 people booked :)

My fiances parents are looking into renting a trolley for transportation from the ship to the beach and back. They also want to host a small welcome reception the first night on the ship.

Sooo excited to have passed the one year mark. I bought my dress last week, it will be 6-8 months until it comes in. Ahhhh so excited!!!!

Wish it was tomorrow tho :D

That sounds awesome. When did you start planning? We've been engaged since May of 2006 but just booked the wedding and started planning about 2 weeks ago. It was kinda exciting to look at the itinerary and say "exactly one year from now we'll be in ____"

Julie, we used the same template!!!! lol LOVE VISTAPRINT! They came out great and everyone loved them!!!

I would like to post a picture of my dress but my sneaky fiance is also an avid cruise critic reader (he actually got me hooked) so I cant :p

We got engaged (on a cruise) Nov 2010 and have been planning ever since..

How many people is everyone thinking will be there??? how big are your wedding partys??

we are estimating 35-40 people at ours and we FINALLY decided on 3 people on each side of the bridal party.

Sneaky, sneaky! :-)

We will probably have fewer than 20, with a few joining us on St. Thomas for the day. I'm a little sad about the number sometimes, but I try to remember it will keep costs down and we'll be able to do a really kickass oot bag for everyone since we have a very strict budget.

We really don't know how many people will show. Right now, we've got 14 who are either booked or promising to book and the STDs haven't even arrived from vistaprint yet. We're just having a MOH & BM. No other attendants but I think we'll end up with an usher or two out of necessity.

Archived