April 2012 Brides!

acireta

Hey there ladies!! We are getting married on April 22,2012 on the Carnival Sensation. Save the dates were sent out in March. So far about 20 people have booked. We are expecting about 60. I have ordered canvas bags, mom and I are trying to finds an iron on design. I have started buying stuff to fill our bags. I recently moved to SC and all of my best friends and family are in VA. When I go home in June we hope to find and order all of our dresses. Its so weird to think I will be married in less than a year.

Hey there ladies!! We are getting married on April 22,2012 on the Carnival Sensation. Save the dates were sent out in March. So far about 20 people have booked. We are expecting about 60. I have ordered canvas bags, mom and I are trying to finds an iron on design. I have started buying stuff to fill our bags. I recently moved to SC and all of my best friends and family are in VA. When I go home in June we hope to find and order all of our dresses. Its so weird to think I will be married in less than a year.

I'm in a similar situation - I'm in Chicago and my two best friends/bridesmaids are in DC. We'll only have one quick weekend trip to get everything done. Hopefully a quick weekend will be long enough to find dresses and do all the other girly stuff!

Can't wait until they come out here this summer for dress shopping!

Same here! I live in NC and my bridesmaid are NY and TX. So I will most likely get them from davids so everyone can go to the one closest to them.

Just called Carnival today and found out 16 people booked!!! So close to paying off our cruise with all these perks! LOVE ITTTT

Nice! i hope we have a few more join us. the people we have right now are the must-haves - sibling, best friends and parents. everyone else will be icing on the cake, but I really hope a few more decide to come, even if they meet us in St T.

Hey everyone,

We are getting married on April 15 2012 on the Carnival Splendor in Long Beach. Cant wait! It will be our first cruise and we have immediate family and a couple of friends joining us.

It seems to be coming round so fast already!!

Vistaprint totally messed up my STD's. I have the fiance working on it as I'm the one who always approaches with vinegar as opposed to honey. Why do they require payment for a proof when they don't actually print what's on the proof? Idiots.

Hey everyone,

We are getting married on April 15 2012 on the Carnival Splendor in Long Beach. Cant wait! It will be our first cruise and we have immediate family and a couple of friends joining us.

It seems to be coming round so fast already!!

Hey! We share a wedding date! Cool!

Vistaprint totally messed up my STD's. I have the fiance working on it as I'm the one who always approaches with vinegar as opposed to honey. Why do they require payment for a proof when they don't actually print what's on the proof? Idiots.

damn, seriously? i've never had a bad product from them! (zazzle on the other hand...)

what happened? what did they send you? :(

damn, seriously? i've never had a bad product from them! (zazzle on the other hand...)

what happened? what did they send you? :(

They cut off about 1/4 inch from the top and side throwing everything out of center and making it look really amateur. I'm super pissed that I paid for a proof when the proof is not at all what they printed. Hopefully my FI will be able to make them print it right or refund our money. Either way is fine with me. My MOH is a graphic designer. I don't really need vistaprints crappy service.

I hope so. I hope they do it quickly too because my mother is on my back about getting these out before she sends invites to my grandparents anniversary party. Not really sure what one has to do with the other...

• 3 months later...

Hello April 2012 Brides - can I join the party?

I just booked us for April 20, 2012 on the Carnival Miracle sailing from New York. We will get married in port then sail off for our honeymoon together with our little boy who will be 2 1/2 by then.

We've been talking about arranging a wedding for a while, but we live together and are busy with our toddler.... so it just hasn't happened until now. He suggested a cruise wedding, and it seemed like a good idea. Seemed like an even BETTER idea once I saw how reasonable the Carnival packages are and saw some of the pictures people have posted! And I'm hoping that it will be very much no muss no fuss. This is the second wedding for both of us and I just want something LOW STRESS! :rolleyes:

Glad to find some fellow April brides here -- I'm getting excited!

Congrats and welcome!! We're getting into the 7th mOnth before the wedding-exciting!

How's everyone doing? I'm going to DC in 2 weeks to go dress shopping with my bridesmaids. Maybe then it'll start to seem real! :-)

Omg, I feel like we just booked this and now it's only 7 1/2 mos away! I still haven't even seen proofs on my invites and now I have to send out a newsletter with the info b/c so many people have said they didn't even know we had a website. My MOH doesn't seem to be happy with her diet progress so she doesn't even want to talk about dresses. I have no clue how many people are coming so I can't shop for oot bag stuff yet. I feel like my planning is completely stalled...

I'm excited -- just ordered our Save the Dates. See attachment. Using Vistaprint, and I hope they don't give us any trouble like you had JulieRose!

I liked their vintagey looking cruise ship template so I went with it. I tend to get all crazy about stuff like this, and I got a few hours into searching for JUST THE RIGHT anchor art on Shutterstock, and downloaded photo software, to design my own invite with customized nautical flag message and anchor etc, when I came to my senses. I just can't obsess over every pixel! Nobody cares about this but me!

So I am just going to go with their template for the STD's and if they come out nice I'll just use the template for the invites too! Easy easy. Ahhhhh! Now what will I do with all the time I just saved? lol! :D

1659659045_SavetheDate.jpg.42a625b93555364a81c28967773a6462.jpg

Omg, I feel like we just booked this and now it's only 7 1/2 mos away! I still haven't even seen proofs on my invites and now I have to send out a newsletter with the info b/c so many people have said they didn't even know we had a website. My MOH doesn't seem to be happy with her diet progress so she doesn't even want to talk about dresses. I have no clue how many people are coming so I can't shop for oot bag stuff yet. I feel like my planning is completely stalled...

I understand completely! I feel very stalled right now. My goal for the next 2 weeks is to find bridesmaids dresses, which has been more stressful then finding my dress! lol I don't like anything I'm finding. Too early for invites, too early for OOT Bags... We just booked our room block for the night before in Miami and the trolly for the wedding in Key West. I think I'll be at a lull until the end of October when I plan on ordering invites.

Anyone find cute invites?? right now i am loving these passport invites from stylishscribe.com , a little pricey but sooo cute!

How is everyone else doing??

I understand completely! I feel very stalled right now. My goal for the next 2 weeks is to find bridesmaids dresses, which has been more stressful then finding my dress! lol I don't like anything I'm finding. Too early for invites, too early for OOT Bags... We just booked our room block for the night before in Miami and the trolly for the wedding in Key West. I think I'll be at a lull until the end of October when I plan on ordering invites.

Anyone find cute invites?? right now i am loving these passport invites from stylishscribe.com , a little pricey but sooo cute!

How is everyone else doing??

I've actually scrapped the newsletter and decided to send the invites with all the info as soon as they arrive. They have all the same info on them and as there's really no clear etiquette for cruise weddings and my guests are clueless, I need to get this info to them before the price of the cruise goes up (again.) I figure that way I can request that they rsvp sooner as well and get this show on the road. I mean, don't you think most people knew from the second they got the std if they were coming or not?

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website....just came across it a few days ago! Definetly glad I found it though, it's had lots of useful information!! I'm getting married April 27th, 2012 on Monarch of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Will be nice going through these last few (and most stressful probably) months with others in the same boat (no pun intended! ;) )

Oh, wow this is an old thread. I actually did end up doing the newsletter as my MOH backed out I didn't want to use her boarding pass invites and went with something storebought. The letters went out about 6 weeks ago and the invites last week. Didn't really see the point in waiting since people know if they're coming or not. Final payment is due in less than 2 mos.

Can you guys believe that (for most of us) it's less than 5 mos away?

Also, I recently realized that I'm either an idiot or a freakin genius. Our at-sea wedding date is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the titanic. :eek: let's hope there's no rogue icebergs in the caribbean!

Can you guys believe that (for most of us) it's less than 5 mos away?

Also, I recently realized that I'm either an idiot or a freakin genius. Our at-sea wedding date is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the titanic. :eek: let's hope there's no rogue icebergs in the caribbean!

Oh my! What an odd coincidence... thank goodness for warm water! :eek:

Five months... wow! Plans have been coming along well for us - we have clothes, brooch bouquets and rings, boarding pass invites were sent this week, my aunt is planning a shower for us... it just seems to get more and more real all the time!! :D

Glad to hear you're on track! It seemed like we had forever before but when I see 4mos and a few weeks on my countdown it startles me at how quickly time passes!

Oh! Speaking of rings, I'm actually on my way to pay off my wedding band and drop off my engagement ring for sizing. Figured since I was going to be in center city today anyway it would be a good time to do it. I love my jeweler. They offer you a glass of wine and warm cookies the minute you walk into the shop!

Yayy! Seems like we're all pretty much at the same points. Invites are ordered and will be here this week! Started working on small favors like luggage tags, etc..

Next big project, flowers... Can't decide if I want to attempt to do my own or just buy silk online. I was going to purchase real flowers through my wedding planner in Key West but realized it would be silly to spend so much money to not even be able to bring them back onboard the ship.

Getting so excited... 35 people now booked!! Is it April yet??

LOL this is funny... I knew it was the anniversary sailing when I booked our wedding.... and on top of that... Friday the 13th as wedding date! LOL.... So far, We are the only wedding booked LMAO imagine that!

LOL this is funny... I knew it was the anniversary sailing when I booked our wedding.... and on top of that... Friday the 13th as wedding date! LOL.... So far, We are the only wedding booked LMAO imagine that!

Lol. I didn't even think about it! I always associated titanic with the 14th because that's the date they hit the iceberg but she didn't sink until after midnight. But that's not at all what I was thinking about when we booked. My mother says she realized it a few months ago but hoped that I wouldn't. I don't see why she was worried. I actually find it to be a really interesting coincidence.

As far as planning goes, my ring is all sized and in my FH posession (he took it away because I wouldn't stop "trying it on" lol!) His should be in next week. Now that the rings are settled, I think we're on to his attire. He had a tux hiding in the back of his closet and we just need to replace the vest, tie and shoes. This could actually be a little tricky and we may need to order online. Does anyone know of any brick and mortar store that might carry that sort of stuff at a decent price?

Archived