Best Beaches in West/East Caribbean

LRMD

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the best beaches to go to in St Thomas, St Maarten, Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel. Hoping to get a taxi to them and not pay for cruise excursions!!!

Thanks

:cool:Magens Bay in St Thomas is at the top of my list. Cab ride over and back. Chairs and drinks. St Martin - Orient Bay, but be aware of topless ( and nude) effect if you have small children.:cool: Cozumel - took trip to presidential hotel, paid small fee and used their facilities

When in St. Thomas I have two recommendations. If you want to stay on St. Thomas then I agree with Sailawayjack, Megan's Bay is a great beach. If you want to be a little adventurous, take a ferry to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. Trunk Bay is consistently rated as one of the top 10 beaches in the world! It's a gorgeous beach and they have a snorkel trail with signs underwater describing the scenery.

Another vote for Megan's Bay. It is the #1 beach I have ever been too. We went as part of an overall island tour but when we return to St. Thomas next February we will be taking a taxi directly there and spending the day. We didn't do a beach excursion in St. Maarten so I don't have an opinion. Haven't been to Falmouth or Cozumel.

Another vote for Trunk Bay in St. John. It is worth the effort to get there. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN !!!! Powder soft sand, gorgeous water, and NOT CROWDED !!!!!

If I ever have a stop in St. Thomas again, I will not hesitate to go over to St John.

Still anouther vote for Trunk Bay on St Johns, great beach and pretty good snorkeling ( avoid the crowd by snorkeling at either end of the beach) around the Island is ok but can be crowded if there is a tour there. Take a taxi from the pier into town, right across the street from the straw market is where you can catch the water taxi (first one leaves about 9:00AM). You can rent snorkel gear on the beach and water taxi returns in the afternoon. Don't try to cut the time too close because traffic on St Thomas can be bad returning to ship.

If you aren't comfortable with all that you can take a taxi to Sapphire Beach on St Thomas I prefer this beach to Meagans Bay.

Please consider going to Trunk Bay, you won't regret it.

St Thomas - I think Magen's Bay has made some big Top 10 list of World's best beaches.

Cozumel - I like Paradise Beach. Taxi there. Small fee to use chairs ($2?) Fee to play with water toys ($12?) Purchase drinks and food as you go. Nice new pool. You can google it - they have a great web site.

Archived