Hi, first time cruiser!

Diva70

Hi! I'm Holly, and hubby and I want to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in August with a cruise, a 4 or 5 day. We generally only go to Vegas but this time wanted to try something different. Trying to decide between RCCL (Soveriegn & Majesty) and Carnival (Fantasy & Jubilee). We're probably looking at the Bahamas. Any suggestions? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

~Holly

Although I never sailed her, I haven't heard too many good things about the Jubilee. I opted against her when I had the chance earlier this year. I know nothing about the Fantasy.

I did the RCCL Majesty last Sept & had a blast. It tends to be an intro market cruise. It was our first. Don't let the die hards who have already been spoiled by newer, bigger, "better", faster scare you away from her. To me the Sovereign sounds very similar.

I'd suggest you surf around & read the actual reviews. Take 'em all with a grain of salt. These are people's opinions. I place no stock in people who only say it was great or it sucked.

Realize though August is the beginning of Hurricane season in that part of the world. All the ships will take you somewhere else if it's dangerous. We sailed by Hurricane Isabel & I was biting my nails & kicking myself for not getting cruise insurance. Fortunately, we didn't need it, but never again.

Happy sailing!

Trish

Hiicon_smile.gif Happy Anniversary!...You might want to post your question on each Cruise Board...the Royal cruisers will have good information on those 2 ships...and the Carnival people will be able to give you info on their 2 ships.

Have a good time, whatever you decideicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Archived