Explorer of the Seas Cabin Questions

About to book - I have a hold on two adjoining E1 balcony rooms but figured I'd just check everything here since you're all so helpful.

*My hold is for rooms 6292/6294, does anyone have any comments about the room? Looking at the deck plans, it's tough to see what exactly is below it, whether it's a shop or the sports bar, which could be a big difference. Thanks!

*Also, can the dividers between balconies open on this ship? I remember they can on some of the Voyager class and not on the others? Can't remember which one's which, it's been a couple of years since we've sailed Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for all your help. You guys are the best!

The balcony dividers cannot open between the balconies, as they are solid metal. The balconies on deck 6 also have all metal railings, topped by wood. Decks 7 and higher have half metal, half glass. The Explorer, Voyager and Adventure were the earlier Voyager Class ships that have the baclconies located within the superstructure. The MAriner and Navigator gave the exterior balconies with all the glass.

Eric

balcony cabins on deck six are over the outside promenade on deck 4. The lifeboats are also under your cabin, they do not obstruct your view. We were just in a deck six balcony on the Explorer and were in a deck six balcony on the Mariner a couple of years ago. No problems.

I would not book a deck 6 balcony on Explorer because the steel balcony front comes up higher than the steel front on balcony cabins on other decks, thereby making the opening through which you view the see smaller. Is anything available on deck 7 or above?

There are no balcony dividers on Explorer...the walls are steel.

DH and I have Deck 6 balcony cabin on Explorer. Are you able to get any sunbathing time on the balcony? Or is the sun obstructed because of the metal barrier?

All side facing balconies, regardless of deck and regardless of whether they have a steel or glass front, are generally shaded throughout the day. Any sun the balcony receives will be indirect or when the sun is lower in the sky, and not really conducive to sunbathing.

Archived