recent Dream Eastern cruisers onboard cigs

myangel

A friend of ours is going on the Dream next week, and was asking about the prices of cigarettes onboard the ship cartons to take home). I told him the prices very,but I would ask any recent Dream cruisers about the prices. Thanks for your help!

There is a limit on the number of cartons that are allowed off the ship, though.... Right? We quit smoking a couple of years ago and somehow I remember that it was like, one carton per person or something like that.

Not that it seems to bother anyone. If customs wouldnt let it off, why sell them 5 cartons at a time. People just break up the cartons and start smoking them.

iv seen several posts where people even declared the excess and were not charged customs duty on them.

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, there is a limit of one carton per person, but I have bought 5 before for friends and even claimed them one time and customs said nothing. Now when I go, I always buy the 5 carton deal (shame I have so many friends who smoke!) but this friend who is going is "by the book" and if the rule is one perperson, thats all he will buy. I have been on ships where they were 2/49.95, then a couple weeks later I was on a different ship where they were 34.95 each.

I was just worried that I would get all caught up in customs, bla bla, you know? Happened to me once crossing over from Canada and having not stayed more than x amount of time in Canada and having to therefore pay the duty on the duty free store liquor.

Julianne,

The worst that could happen is that they would make you pay the duty, which is still cheaper then buying the cigarettes in the states, and since I don't smoke, the people I buy them for would be paying :):)

Archived