STT Departure

siouxrose

While it might be possible, it is probably a mistake. For a 9:00 flight you need to be at the airport close to 7:30. STT is a circus most of the time, and I would not try a 9:00 flight.

Has anyone ever made it to STT by 9:00am? I know it's a bad idea but I just hate waiting around the airport.

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether your question is whether it's possible to make it to the airport by 9 AM or make a 9 AM flight. In any event and for what it's worth, we've successfully made it to STT in time to depart on 9 AM flights a number of times and most recently each of the last two years.

It's not for the faint of heart. You have to know where you're going, how you're going to get to STT and be comfortable navigating STT. If you have any doubt about that, pay heed to ZQVOL's advice and stay a few more hours in STT.

FWIW, our next scheduled SDD cruise ends in STT on a Sunday and we'll again book a 9 AM flight if possible.

Good luck.

So long as SD is on time - which SD always does its best, but US authorities don't always cooperate and you are willing to pay a porter to help you get to the head of the line to clear baggage screening, etc - you can make it - absent unusual circumstances. Having said that -- I am a control freak and don't risk it, thus ZQ Vol's comment - due to lack of seats on later flights if you are traveling on a Sunday and there are other large ships in STT that day. A couple of times we could have made it. Another - we wouldn't have made it. We (meaning me) ;)are struggling with the same issue for our Christmas voyage if we don't stay over for a couple of days.

FT

Oops - Sorry I wasn't clear. The flight departs at 9:00 am. so we would need to be at the airport at 8:00am ish. I'm happy to pay a porter or do anything else that would help get me through security quickly.

We are looking at a SD cruise in January so we'd miss all the major holiday traffic. Good idea though to check out to see what other ships are in port that day. If Colosssus of the Seas is in port, I might as well forget it!

Thanks everyone!!:)

Archived